Another Steering Lock Issue - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Another Steering Lock Issue

I had read about this problem then experienced it 2 days ago. I was moving my car around from the back of the building to the front at work. I just got in the car, backed up and as I pulled forward the steering turned rock hard. The "power steering" message came on the radio. (As if that's necessary lol) and I stopped, shut off the car and on restart the steering was ok. Ok on the way home that night and on the way to work the following day. When I left work the next day the car pulled to the left. The steering was easy to the left and hard to the right. It was totally driveable not like the first event in the parking lot but noticeable. If I let go of the wheel, even parked you could see the wheel turn/pull to the left by itself. When I shut the car off in the driveway I could see the steering wheel "relax" and return a little to the right where it should be like the "pressure" was released that was pulling it to the left. So I read through the forums last night with no concrete answer and figured I would call the stealership after I got home from dropping off the wife at work. When we went out to the car I started it and it was like the problem never happened. Ran errands with it all day today and no problems at all. It's like it cured itself overnight. What's up with this. Did a "chip" reboot itself or something...? Any thoughts appreciated. From what I read using search, there are a variety of components that make up the steering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

If its under warranty let them look at it. Error msg might be stored to help diagnose.
if not in warranty then just exhale...say a few prayers and hope it doesnt happen again.

lol

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions > Steering Lockup Issues & Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in