Verdict is in from GM on my Lemon! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Verdict is in from GM on my Lemon!

Well, as you all have been watching and reading the ongoing problems with my poor lemon G6...

GM has contacted me today with a resolution....they are willing to...

are you ready for this??

You sure???

They will extend my warranty!!! Hahahahaha

The courtesy of GM is phenomenal! ::::sarcasm::::

The extended warranty will be 4 years 48k miles...

Alot of good that will do!! Considering when I bought the car i purchased the GM extended warranty for 1200.00 which consists of 60 months 72k miles.

So needless to say they are idiots! And I am not taking the settlement offer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 01:34 PM

They take us all pretty much for idiots!! The sad thing about it is those of us that have issues with our vehicles be it a Pontiac, Nissan, Ford, etc..... are all probably way more intelligent than any of the CS people or decision makers in corporations like GM. Good Luck!!

RP
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

I hear ya Robyn!

Well I rejected the offer and offered to buy another GM product if they reimbursed me for the car. The CS rep rejected that saying that eventually the service dept. will narrow down the locking steering problem. BUT she would give me 2 years of free oil changes hahahahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 03:40 PM

Maybe they will get the problem fixed before you wrap it around a concrete barrier at 70mph. At least they are thinking of your safety.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Old Fart, Young at Heart

carissa249

maybe you should offer to take the additional "warranty" IF it is "Bumper to Bumper" , IF they reimburse you for your $1,200.00 you paid for the extended warranty AND if they agree to replace your tires with comparable Michelin or Yokohama tires.

hey, its all negotiations......why not ask? and if you can think of anything else, ask for that as well. all they can say is 'no' or maybe they will surprise you and give in just to get you to 'go away'!!!!

give it a try.

kevin
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

well we're going to take it in tomorrow, one more time...3rd times the charm right?? Ill keep ya'll posted!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 05:22 AM
Old Fart, Young at Heart

good luck!!!!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa249
well we're going to take it in tomorrow, one more time...3rd times the charm right?? Ill keep ya'll posted!
Doesnt the lemon law not take effect until after the 3rd time in a short period of time anyway?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 01:00 PM

If you have the same problem with the car and the dealer can't fix it all three times then the lemon law goes into effect. They have to give you a new car.

Mike
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Former GP Owner

Send a message via AIM to Smockonallama
Yeah and I would say I would take it to a different dealer at this point.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 10:34 AM
RKH

Lemon laws vary by state.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 02:12 PM

Yep... if you are in Iowa...
Your vehicle may qualify as a "lemon"for refund or replacement under the law if: (A) The car was in for repairs three or more times during the Lemon Law rights period for the same problem, and still was not fixed. (B) Your car was in for repair one time for a problem that, if not fixed, could cause substantial bodily injury or death, and the problem was not fixed. (C) Your car was out of service for 20 or more days for any number of problems, and it still malfunctions. (The days out of service need not be consecutive.)
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Old Fart, Young at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER99
Yep... if you are in Iowa...
Your vehicle may qualify as a "lemon"for refund or replacement under the law if: (A) The car was in for repairs three or more times during the Lemon Law rights period for the same problem, and still was not fixed. (B) Your car was in for repair one time for a problem that, if not fixed, could cause substantial bodily injury or death, and the problem was not fixed. (C) Your car was out of service for 20 or more days for any number of problems, and it still malfunctions. (The days out of service need not be consecutive.)
hey, carissa

i'd say by the above definition, you've got a 'Lemon', no doubt about it!! get a copy of the Iowa Lemon Law and take THAT back to your dealer. AND take the name and phone number of your State Attorney General and whatever office overseas your states 'Lemon Law' as well. the more 'ammo', the better. tell them if they won't help you, you will call these people on your cell phone from the middle of their showroom, so that all their customers (if they have any) can hear your conversation. remember, YOU HAVE RIGHTS and by law, i would say they have no choice but to COMPLY!!

again, good luck.

kevin

p.s. if that doesn't work, you can always have a few of those magnetic signs made that read; "I bought this Lemon at ******Pontiac and they won't comply with the State Lemon Law". you might also contact a local TV station, as most of them anymore have 'helplines' for people who have run out of options. believe me, the LAST thing a car dealership wants is to have someone from a TV station snooping around with TV cameras, saying they are mistreating their customers and won't abide by the State Lemon Law ON AIR!.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 09:54 PM

Why is GM Treating us like crap anyways I hear alot of bad stories how they dun treat their customers good! WE ARE NOT IDIOTS WHY THEY CANNOT UNDERSTAND THAT!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Hi ya'll....I am proceeding with the lemon law. BUT just so you all know....those of you that are having the steering lock up. Replacing the lower control arms has NOTHING to do with the lockup. I got a response from the dealership regarding the complaint I submitted to the BBB and they replaced the control arms because of the TSB regarding the stiff steering. They did NOTHING for the lockup!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions > Steering Lockup Issues & Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in