loss of control/steering - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy loss of control/steering

I was in my G6 today..Car veered to the right..I tried to bring it back..It arched (U turn) and ended up in a ditch..It was below zero..I had no control of the car/steering, my feet was neither on the brake/pedal..

The scary part is that this happened to me last winter..same story..car slid right, I tried to steer left, car made a U turn, crossed a median and ended up on the other side with NO Help From Me..I had no control of vehicle..

It all happens so fast there is no time to respond..

I have had all sort of problems with the car including the veering issue..Dealership solution-rotate/balance tires..They could not find ANYTHING wrong..

Please help..The same problem, both times in winter..You lose control of the steering..The first time I thought, the roads were slippery..But the same problem twice is not normal..Any thoughts ?

ALso interesting, I was not doing any more than 30-35MPH either time..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

loss of control/steering

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmada10
I was in my G6 today..Car veered to the right..I tried to bring it back..It arched (U turn) and ended up in a ditch..It was below zero..I had no control of the car/steering, my feet was neither on the brake/pedal..

The scary part is that this happened to me last winter..same story..car slid right, I tried to steer left, car made a U turn, crossed a median and ended up on the other side with NO Help From Me..I had no control of vehicle..

I have had all sort of problems with the car including the veering issue..Dealership solution-rotate/balance tires..They could not find ANYTHING wrong..

Please help..The same problem, both times in winter..You lose control of the steering..The first time I thought, the roads were slippery..But the same problem twice is not normal..Any thoughts ?

Just out of curiosity I did a search for reported problems and found this website..
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 07:47 PM

Seems a few of the members here have had lockups.. none of us have wrecked (that I remember) but 2 people before you have totalled their vehicles due to accidents involving steering loss. Sorry to hear that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Just another nobody...

https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...99&postcount=3

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe
1976 MG Midget - project car
----------------------------------
Real men wear Pink? No - real men (and women) wear camoflage, sleep in ditches dug in the sand, eat MREs, and carry US issued weapons...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmada10

call the number at once
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions > Steering Lockup Issues & Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in