READ!!! Especially if youre facing the lock up issue!! URGENT! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

READ!!! Especially if youre facing the lock up issue!! URGENT!

To all of you who are going thru the same ordeal as I am. I spoke to the Customer Assistance rep AGAIN who has been "assisting" me. And she said that GM is only focusing on the steering complaints that go thru the BBB. If you want them to pay attention and hopefully fix the problem you need to file a complaint with your states BBB. Please do this!!! I dont want to see anyone go thru these problems like I am. She said that so far I am one of very few who have taken it to the BBB there for theres no record of these issues. ALSO! I have retained an attorney and we are looking to locate G6 owners who have this very same issue to possibly do a class action suit against GM. GM is clueless on whats causing this there for they are shooting in the dark and throwing parts at our cars and they dont really know the cause. We are their guinea pigs! PLEASE let me know if you want to get involved. You can email me at [email protected]. This is a dangerous issue whether you are going 5mph or 55mph. When my steering went completely out i ended up driving into landscaping at my development. Thank god it wasnt serious!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Old Fart, Young at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa249
To all of you who are going thru the same ordeal as I am. I spoke to the Customer Assistance rep AGAIN who has been "assisting" me. And she said that GM is only focusing on the steering complaints that go thru the BBB. If you want them to pay attention and hopefully fix the problem you need to file a complaint with your states BBB. Please do this!!! I dont want to see anyone go thru these problems like I am. She said that so far I am one of very few who have taken it to the BBB there for theres no record of these issues. ALSO! I have retained an attorney and we are looking to locate G6 owners who have this very same issue to possibly do a class action suit against GM. GM is clueless on whats causing this there for they are shooting in the dark and throwing parts at our cars and they dont really know the cause. We are their guinea pigs! PLEASE let me know if you want to get involved. You can email me at [email protected]. This is a dangerous issue whether you are going 5mph or 55mph. When my steering went completely out i ended up driving into landscaping at my development. Thank god it wasnt serious!

carissa

what GM needs to do at this point is step up to the plate and "buy back" someones car, preferably YOURS and use it as a 'test mule'. if they would stop throwing parts at them and actually have some of these cars which have a history of this problem, their engineers would have a better chance of diagnosing the root of this problem and then they could issue a 'TSB' (technical service bulletin) or a RECALL, depending on how many vehicles may be affected.

SOMEONE at GM needs to get on the ball BEFORE someone is injured, or worse, killed! i'm filling my BB Complaint as soon as i get off this site, if i can do it 'on-line'. if not, Monday a.m. for sure. thanks again for the info!!!!

good luck!
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Good luck! Thanks so much! Im not giving up until i have a new car or a guarantee its fixed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 11:54 AM
Old Fart, Young at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa249
Good luck! Thanks so much! Im not giving up until i have a new car or a guarantee its fixed!
"YOU GO, GIRL!!!"
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 04:21 AM
ultimate lurker

ive noticed two slight lock ups but only immediatly after in drive or reversing One more time and im going to the dealer.
jeff

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...725_2_full.jpg
2005 G6 GT
1990 BMW 535i

USAF F/A-22 raptor crewchief
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Here is another place to make a complaint to

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 02:55 PM

I filed my NHSTA complaint awhile ago.. its almost as if they are ignoring the issue altogether.
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 05:28 PM

steering issues

Good job on your G6, Carissa..

I guess it is my turn now..

I had contacted Pontiac customer assistance..They assigned a case number, came and looked at my car and claimed there is nothing wrong with it..Nothing logged except one trouble code..They wont tell me what is..
I guess my only option now is BBB..

How long does this process take and what does it involve ? I am afraid to drive my car till all this crap is resolved..
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 06:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Subtle_Cynicism Send a message via MSN to Subtle_Cynicism Send a message via Yahoo to Subtle_Cynicism
I cant even believe that this has been ignored by GM for so long...
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 09:36 PM

I can't believe it either! I want to start a class action lawsuit. I am familliar with a very reputable lawfirm.
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 08:03 AM

2005 G6 GT sucks. This car has been in the shop 10 or more times. So many times my wife wont take it in , I have to take it in today. Last time they replaced the steering column.
Time before that it was some electrical panel. Now I get in the car yesterday and the fan is running. Mind you the keys are in my hand.
The list goes on. I hate this car. We bought it with 7k and now has 22k
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 06:33 PM

Me too...same thing with our G6...are you all doing the BBB thing?
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 08:47 AM

I have read all the threads about steering lock and clunking. However most seem to be in regards to the 2005 & 2006 models. My wifes car has the same symptoms but her's is a `07. I have it booked in to the stealership but was wondering if anyone with an `07 has had these problems.

Cheers,
Lager
post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Lifetime Member

Yes my wife's 2007 G6 GT, it makes a clunking sound (although I feel it more than I hear it) when turning the wheel. I plan to take it to a real machanic instead of the dealership. The last time I was at the dealership I overheard a couple of the machanics talking about their cars and how the custumer's car were a pain in the butt so thay were going to hurry up and throw it together so they could get to their own cars. Nice!
If any of the readers are in the Baton Rouge area I can suggest two good/honest repair shops.
Mike

post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 01:23 PM

My wifes car is under warranty still so off to the stealership I go...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions > Steering Lockup Issues & Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in