GM is buying my car back!!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

GM is buying my car back!!!

After a long drawn out battle over the steering lock up. GM has made an offer to buy back my G6 for what I paid for it. Which was $26,790.00. So now I have to go to the dealership and pick out another GM product. Any ideas?? Should I get a GTP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 01:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Githianki
WOW....Im impressed that GM actually did something like that. Good going. Do they give you the difference if you get something cheaper??

If you can't beat them...arrange to have them beaten...
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa249
After a long drawn out battle over the steering lock up. GM has made an offer to buy back my G6 for what I paid for it. Which was $26,790.00. So now I have to go to the dealership and pick out another GM product. Any ideas?? Should I get a GTP?

Congratulations!! May as well go for something better, with the red tag sale and all. I'd personally go for a Grand Prix, Bonneville, or a GTP G6. Just my thoughts, but go with your instinct! Good Luck!!

RP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 01:26 PM

GTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! haha

Mike
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 01:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Subtle_Cynicism Send a message via MSN to Subtle_Cynicism Send a message via Yahoo to Subtle_Cynicism
Here's what you need to think about:

Was the G6 big enough for you? Did you enjoy the car enough when it wasn't giving you problems?

Also, are you willing to sacrifice gas milage, as the GTP doesn't get as good of gas, no matter how you look at it.

I know you had a rough time with GM, but I think you should give them another shot.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtle_Cynicism
Here's what you need to think about:

Was the G6 big enough for you? Did you enjoy the car enough when it wasn't giving you problems?

Also, are you willing to sacrifice gas milage, as the GTP doesn't get as good of gas, no matter how you look at it.

I know you had a rough time with GM, but I think you should give them another shot.
do you concur?

i concur!

all excellent things to consider! if you can live with the gas mileage, and can afford it, get the GTP!!!
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 02:02 PM

I vote for a 2005 Grand Prix GT fully loaded!!!
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 02:24 PM
RKH

Congratulations. I know this has been a major "thorn in your side". Good luck with whatever comes next...you know, I haven't heard anyone having problems with the 06s...<ducking and running>
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 02:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Subtle_Cynicism Send a message via MSN to Subtle_Cynicism Send a message via Yahoo to Subtle_Cynicism
It seems the 06 is a little cleaner than the 05 models.

I honestly think with cars its hit or miss; you get a lemon or you don't.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 03:00 PM

gratz, yeah as mentioned in previous posts the big thing is how did the G6 fit in with your life and what you wanted it for. I had traded an 04 GP GTP for my G6, I really liked that car but mileage was bad, had to use premium because of the supercharger and the payments were killing me. When I traded I had to get an extra year on financing but I made the right choice because of all the costs involved. Coincidentally the G6 sedan has about as much interior room as the GP, the overall length of the Prix is where they don't compare.

Honestly after looking at the G6 coupes I wish I had waited a couple more months and tried to trade on one of them, but the Prix was killing me so I HAD to trade when I did. I've been a Pontiac guy most of my life but I kind of like the look of the Chevrolet HHR as well-- but nah, gimme another Pontiac. Don't be afraid if you like the brand, I also had owned an 85 Fiero but I came back to Pontiac again once I decided to trade that lemon. ( it would just die for no reason while driving down the interstate ) they never did figure that one out either.
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Former G6 Guy

Send a message via AIM to bigbengt67
Guess you didn't need a cliff after all. I'm glad to see GM taking care of their customers. I'd get a G6 GTP, GTO, or Solstice - all with a manual transmission!
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Old Fart, Young at Heart

COOL BEANS, CARISSA!!!!

if i were in YOUR shoes, first i would get bigger shoes (i doubt you and i wear the same size and my feet would be hurting from all the walking of lots looking for 'Mr Goodcar'!!!) and second i would pick me out the sweetest 2006 GTP 6sp i could find. i prefer the sedan myself because i'm an old fart and unfortunately practical. but if the COUPE can fill your needs, then go for it!!!

a word of advice; stay away from the Panaramic Roof.......you've seen the posts on these, right? just stick with the regular power moonroof. i have had NO POBLEMS with mine (knock on wood!!) and i would strongly recommend the heated leather seats. primo!!! i just ran this exact same senario on my local dealers 'build me a pontiac' thing and with the 'red tag' discount it came in UNDER $24K!!! thats $4k LESS than my '05 GT listed for!

again, just my thought on what "I" would do.......

kevin

p.s. great job, carissa!!!! i;m very proud of you and the way you handled a really BAD situation. hey, the little guy CAN win!
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 02:19 PM

Good Job! I know personally I don't have time nor the patience to deal with them as much as you have. I usually skip the BS and go for the throat. Unfornately that doesn't work in the consumers favor EVER.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Well i picked out the new car!!!! 2006 Grand Prix GXP...I LOVE IT!!!!! Cant wait to pick it up!
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 07:39 AM

Congrats..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions > Steering Lockup Issues & Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in