Out of curiosity whos steering has locked - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Out of curiosity whos steering has locked

Hi everyone, out of curiosity Im wondering who all has had the steering lock up? If so, did you take it to the dealership? And what happened then? Im noticing alot of people are looking at the steering threads, but not replying. I read somewhere that a guy has 2 of the Oprah G6s and is now having this problem. His wife and daughter drive them...I wonder how the other 200+ G6s she gave away are doing?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 02:30 PM

I have...complained... went about as far as the rattle in my dash they still can't seem to locate or fix.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Former G6 Guy

Send a message via AIM to bigbengt67
How many threads do we need on the same subject?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 03:18 PM

Do we have too many? haha
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

well considering its a serious issue id say as many as it takes to inform those of how to take care of it or to get GM to do something about it before someone dies
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Old Fart, Young at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa249
well considering its a serious issue id say as many as it takes to inform those of how to take care of it or to get GM to do something about it before someone dies
Good point! as you know Carissa, i have had the same problem but only those two times, back in October i think.

i've decided to play the part of the 'Crash Test Dummy' and continue to drive mine until it is happening alot, like yours, or it causes me to have an accident, in which case i will, if still alive, be sure to get a 'NCP' deal (no car payment) on a new GTP or Grand Prix GXP.

as for complaints, i filed one on the NTSB Site and also have a case number with Pontiac Customer Assistance. i was going to file with the BBB, but since its not a big problem for me 'right now', i thought i would wait and see. hopefully i will still be alive to file at a later time. ha ha
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 05:25 AM

Carissa249 does have a good point but how about the Mod making a sticky on the subject and putting everything in one thread?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 06:35 AM

I notice it usually every morning when pulling out of the driveway, or any time the car is cold. I have not said anything b/c after dealing with Pontiac on this car and my 99 GA, I realize, what's the use? Anytime I have had a mechanical problem they can never seem to locate it and assume it must be normal. I've had a some other issues that I reported to Pontiac CS in July and have yet to see anything done about them. They just create a file and tell you no one else has had this problem. When I had the GA, I kept complaining about the brakes and all Pontiac CS did was send me a free Pontiac CD case and keychain, what a joke!!! It was a nice gester I guess, but it still didn't stop me from having to have the brake pads and rotors replaced every 3 months.

I have to go to the dealership sometime, if they ever get the fog light swith in, and I'll ask about it when I go, to see what they say. This dealership is a bigger one, it's one of those dealerships that has a owner that doesn't want anyone else to have a car lot (ie: the delearship has Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Chevroelt, GM, Buick, and Pontiac), so maybe they've seen more G6's than the previous Pontiac dealer. I'll let you know what they say.

RP
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 10:19 AM

Good Idea bob... I don't think there is a need for 800 seperate threads..but 1 single thread would prove more useful.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Former G6 Guy

Send a message via AIM to bigbengt67
Glad to see this important issue is organized in an informative and easy to use way now!
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 02:21 PM

Question Steering

Yipes, I just purchased an 06 GT 6 cyl 4-door the day after Christmas 05 and I am appalled at what I am seeing here. Haven't stuck my nose under the hood since I drove it off the lot but I will tonight to see if I can find (oh, please please) a power steering fluid dipstick. Pretty sure I already know what I'll (not) find. I'll be jumpy at every bump and twich from now on. Hope I live to pay off my loan. Thankfully, no kids. Anybody in the Western US experiencing this?
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 03:26 PM

This appears to have only been a problem with some '05 sedans, to my knowledge there has been no problem with the '06 models at all.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Yay! I picked up my replacement! I love it!!!
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J9theCat
Yipes, I just purchased an 06 GT 6 cyl 4-door the day after Christmas 05 and I am appalled at what I am seeing here. Haven't stuck my nose under the hood since I drove it off the lot but I will tonight to see if I can find (oh, please please) a power steering fluid dipstick. Pretty sure I already know what I'll (not) find. I'll be jumpy at every bump and twich from now on. Hope I live to pay off my loan. Thankfully, no kids. Anybody in the Western US experiencing this?
I have the 06 V6 and my mom has the 06 GT, neither of which have steering problems. Another thing you wont find while looking under the hood is the dipstick for tranny fluid
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa249
Yay! I picked up my replacement! I love it!!!

Good for you Carissa! Maybe now you will feel safer. Congrats on getting done what you set out to do. You are very strong!!

RP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions > Steering Lockup Issues & Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in