The convertibles are here!!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up The convertibles are here!!!

A quick trip into my local dealership at lunch today, and lookie what was sitting on the lot...

More photos can be found here: http://www.gaownersclub.com/gallery/...s.php?album=44

Last edited by sunrunner_pei; 05-09-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 05:09 AM

I really like the looks of the convertible. But roll down the damn windows! Nothing looks worse than a convertible with the windows rolled up.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

I agree! But I think they were up because of the dealer stickers they had stuck to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 01:22 PM

Is is OK to have them up when driving down the expressway? May not be cool looking but less wind noise.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 07:16 PM

^ No! Wind is an integral part of the convertible experience! If you don't want it to be windy in your car skip the convertible and get a sunroof.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 04:58 PM

They're nice, but I still prefer my coupe! Convertibles are good for 4-5 months out of the year where I live.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 06:10 PM

Wink Worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPGuy82
They're nice, but I still prefer my coupe! Convertibles are good for 4-5 months out of the year where I live.
Same here. But, worth it in my humble opinion.

BTW, the dealership in the photo, Hemphill. Reminds me of a Texas dealer, but, not sure if it's the same. I lived in Houston for a time, and that's where I remember it from.

Last edited by dpbrown777; 05-13-2006 at 06:14 PM. Reason: to ask aquestion about photo
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbengt67
^ No! Wind is an integral part of the convertible experience! If you don't want it to be windy in your car skip the convertible and get a sunroof.
Agreed!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 09:03 AM

I have owned a 2006 GTP granite color convertible since March 28th and have driven about 4000 miles. The performance is excellant and I love driving it. The only problem I've encountered is a rattling sound with the top up. I'm taking it to the dealer Monday to have them check it. The dealer told me that they are only getting 7 of them this year but, since it has been highly recieved, 2007 will be a bigger production year.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Resurrecting this as it was linked at the bottom of one of the recent vert threads (that's a neat feature in case you didn't notice - scroll all the way down and there are 5 threads with related titles that can either help in your search or just provide some fun reading )

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbengt67 View Post
xeleventyprillion! We scoff and laugh at those who have their tops down but windows up . Then again they can't hear us because our laughter is drowned in wind noise.

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Head Moose

I just got my 07 Convertible a few weeks ago... granted... weather has been nothing less than a total cocktease around here. But, I did have a nice Sunday two weeks ago, dropped the top, lit a cuban cigar, and took off to NYC.... still, even in the bad weather, I'm loving this car!

I don't even miss my GT sedan I traded for it (except for the aux. input jack... )
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Yeah that was a nice day - unfortunately I was sick so didn't feel like experiencing the elements just then Had a guy in a Corvette vert with the top down pull out in front of me and nearly wipe out tho' Stupid vert drivers!

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 09:37 PM

I'd be very interested in hearing about your experiences with the top mechanism, JerseyMoose. I'm thinking hard about whether to get a convertible myself.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 08:23 AM

Just bought a 2007 G6 HTC with 3000 miles. so far so good. but there are some squeaks in the body that are irritating. squeaks got worse after getting the oill changed - assume that was because of the lift
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 01:01 PM

An '07 with just 3,000 miles? Must have been somebody's summer weekends-only car for sure.

That's interesting, and a little disturbing, about your experience with the mechanic's lift. If every oil change disturbs the body alignment, it doesn't seem to bode well for long-term stability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Announcements > Site News and Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in