G6 Owners Club under new management - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up G6 Owners Club under new management

As was previously announced, the G6 Owners Club has been sold, and the transaction is now finalized. The new owners will be taking over shortly, and the site transfer has been initialized.

Kelly & I would like to thank you all for everything, it's been a fun few years. We wish the best of luck to the new owners, and we hope the G6OC forums are a success.

As of now Kelly and I are no longer responsible for the website & forums. Any changes to the site are now beyond our control. Please direct any questions concerns and concerns to the new owners, who should be making themselves known shortly.

Thanks once again!
Shawn & Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 11:56 PM

Almost a month later and no posts from the new owners? Are they planning on growing this forum?

Last edited by kilcher; 08-20-2007 at 04:58 AM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

As far as I know they've been busy, but I too hope they'll make some progress soon. I'd really like to see this site take off.

Until then, it's business as usual. Keep posting here like you always have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 09:55 PM

If the owners aren't interested in doing something with this site and wouldn't mind passing it on to someone who is I might be interested, they can contact me via PM.

It's disappointing to see absolutely nothing going on here.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Junior Samples

Lightbulb

Kilcher, my take on this seems to be a little different than yours. What I see here is an opportunity for folks like us to network, make friends and enjoy our vehicles a little more. I'd assume running a site like this takes a lot of time along with some cash outlay. Someone out there is kind enough to offer this to us and I for one appreciate it very much. If the site is going to be run similar to way that it was run before then it is and always has been up to us, the members, to make it a success. "Whoa There has left the soapbox".

Steve and Rae
  • 2007 Pontiac G6
  • 1998 Ford Mustang
  • 1995 Chevy S10
  • 1994 Ford F250
  • 1991 Morgan/Appaloosa
  • 1986 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster
  • 1984 American Quarter Horse
www.raelostables.com
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:35 PM

Yeah, and in the meantime they've left everyone thinking that it was going to shut down so they've all left for other sites. Oh well, guess maybe I'll join them.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilcher
Yeah, and in the meantime they've left everyone thinking that it was going to shut down so they've all left for other sites. Oh well, guess maybe I'll join them.
Sorry, that's because it was going to be shut down. I guess I figured you guys would like a little notice, rather than us just pulling the plug. When the right offer to take over the site came along at the very last minute we changed our minds to keep this site open for you. Shame on us.

We have been talking with the new owners, and they are busy with an office relocation. I too hope they'll step up soon. However, as WhoaThereBigFella said so well, it's up to you guys to keep the site active.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrunner_pei
Sorry, that's because it was going to be shut down. I guess I figured you guys would like a little notice, rather than us just pulling the plug. When the right offer to take over the site came along at the very last minute we changed our minds to keep this site open for you. Shame on us.
That's not at all what I'm saying. I understand the site was going to be shut down and that someone agreed to take it over. I'm not criticizing you at all, or not intending to anyway. I just think it's a shame no one stepped in to say what their plans were with the site. No one e-mailed the members to let them know they can (and should) stick around. No one did anything. And everyone left. I just don't understand why someone would take it over and then not do anything with it. It's just kind of a bummer, that's all.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilcher
That's not at all what I'm saying. I understand the site was going to be shut down and that someone agreed to take it over. I'm not criticizing you at all, or not intending to anyway. I just think it's a shame no one stepped in to say what their plans were with the site. No one e-mailed the members to let them know they can (and should) stick around. No one did anything. And everyone left. I just don't understand why someone would take it over and then not do anything with it. It's just kind of a bummer, that's all.
Ahhh, I get ya. I did originally misunderstand you.

I do understand what you're saying, and I don't disagree with you. Believe me, if I thought it was my place to do so, I'd be sending the notice out myself. But this isn't my site anymore. All I can offer is that the new owners appear to be quite reputable, and they have made successes out of many other forums. I sincerely hope that when they get their affairs in order that they take over the site and make it what I had hoped it would become from the beginning.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Premium Member

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys. We are now here and will be working at a rampant pace trying to get this site updated with new software, features and letting it grow into the community that I know everyone hoped it would blossom into.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Designed For Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekool View Post
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys. We are now here and will be working at a rampant pace trying to get this site updated with new software, features and letting it grow into the community that I know everyone hoped it would blossom into.
I was beginning to think the site was abandoned. It's good to know that improvements are in the works.

Crimson Red G6 GTP Coupe / 6 MT

"Power And Performance Beyond OEM Restrictions"
'Sold**8/14/2008, but not forgotten'
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekool View Post
Excellent! I see you're already off to a good start, with the forum software upgrades and moving the site to your own servers. Anything else in store?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 02:51 PM

Sale of G6OC

I just bought my 2005 G6 GT yesterday, and stubled across the site looking for mods to make my ride more unique. Have to say you guys did a bang up job prior to selling the site.

Looking forward to getting more help from the guys here in the future.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Announcements > Site News and Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in