Pontiac G6 Forum banner

2008 WTW car show

3K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  *JC* 
#1 ·
This is some preliminary information about the Wide Track Warriors 16th annual car show coming up in Feb 2008. It's our hope that you will help spread this good news among your fellow Pontiac enthusiasts

We are very happy to announce that we will have two very special guest at the show ........... JIM WANGERS !!!!!!!! and Paul Zazarine (noted Pontiac author !!!!!!!!!)

If your not sure just who Jim Wangers is do a google search. But basically Jim worked for the advertising agency that did all of the advertising and promotional work for Pontiac for most of the 1960's. I think Jim was the one that came up with "Wide Track" as a slogan. He also pretty much ran all of the performance marketing for all car lines. He was in on the GTO from the very beginning. Any ad you have ever seen about the 60's GTO's came from him, including the famous tiger ads. He was responsible for setting up the performance upgrades at selected dealers such as the infamous Royal Pontiac "Bobcats".
He setup and ran the GTO events at nationwide dragstrips, was involved in the custom GTO seen on the "Monkeys" tv show, and countless other Pontiac programs.
For someone that actually never worked at Pontiac he had an amazing influence on Pontiac cars. Did I mention he had a lot to do with creating "The Judge"?

He himself owns several Pontiac vehicles a few are as follows:
65 & 66 GTO
69 GTO Judge
67 Firebird
69, 79 & 89 Trams Am
97 Firebird Firehawk

Mr. Wangers rarely ever comes east of the Mississippi river and we are the only ones to have him....

So make your vacation plans to attend the absolute best Pontiac Show in the Southeast this coming Feb 2008...

www.Orlandowtw.com

For more information feel free to contact me.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Bump

It's only 28 days till the big event!
Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 (Rain or Shine)
Old-Town Hwy 192
Kissimmee, Florida

We are actively finalizing the last details of the event and look forward to all you Pontiac fans attending. It's going to be a great event with lots of nice prizes and more horsepower than one can phantom. Don't forget this may be your one last chance in a lifetime to meet Pontiac legend Mr. Jim Wangers & Paula Zazarine in person.

If ever you wanted a great photo of your car this is a great opportunity to get it. The event photographer has a large bus that they drape with a blue/green map screen. This enables the photographer to incorporate great looking backgrounds such as a beach scene, Old gas station, American flag, and much much more. The print is done on site and it's about 18x24 in size... Everyone that sees the final product wants one; it's that great!

I hear word that Chief Pontiac himself may be making a brief appearance too... Might make a nice photo opportunity?

Be sure to get your registration form in the mail soon. You can download the form by visiting the following link
http://www.orlandowtw.com/16thAnnualShow.html

#4 ·
I can't express enough how much you G6 owners should attend if at all possible. As an insider I'm going to let you all in on a little secret. You G6 owners each have a great chance of taking home a wonderful award plus a chance at some wonderful prizes. See, we put this show on each year and each year we have awards left over that never find a home. The simple reason being is because no one shows up to enter into that class. Yet, each year we dedicate to make such awards avaliable in hope that someday we will have participants enter in that class.

Let's face the reality, I see plenty of wonderful Pontiacs out there on the road that could easily win an award in one of our shows. However, for some odd reason those owners seem to think that a car show is all about classic or muscle cars. This isn't true with our show because most of those vehicles have their own dedicated classes, that of course means other vehicles are not in competition. In the case of a Pontiac G6 it would be classed in the 21st century class, which excludes the Solstice, Firebird and GTO... That means the only other Pontiacs left in that class would be the Torrent, Bonneville, G5, Vibe, G8, Grandam, Aztek and GranPrix... I don't have to tell you how likely it is that any of those are going to show up! In the last 5 years we have only given out the 21st century award twice. That means for 5 years we've had 13 awards in all that time that went unclaimed, yet a totally stock vehicle could have won any one of them... I hope this shows you and all G6 owners how easy it would be to win one of the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place awards in the 21st century class...

Hope to see you there :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.