Pontiac G6 Forum banner

first to post in here!

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  bpcbrad 
#1 ·
heh, well, i'm surprised no one has put anything under here yet. im not sure how you would start a cleaning section. what else is a good dash cleaner and protector? i just use armor all, but is there something better?

#6 ·
99grandamse said:
I have used ArmorAll for over 20 years and have never had a problem!
Really? I say that because of the numberous people that do detailing that I have talked to say that it does (dry out dashes)...personally I haven't used Armorall more than a handfull of times. None the less thankyou for the info...it's always nice to hear everyone's opinion (have to stay subjective and all). :)

#9 ·
I once used armorall on the dash of my 1969 Lincoln Continental when I used to detail cars semiprofessionally, & the end result was that it dried it out enough so that when the sun contacted the dash, it cracked it BIG TIME!
Never again... dampen a rag with water. That's my two cents... :rolleyes:

#10 ·
Armor All actually just puts a shine on the surface, but in doing this also sucks the chemicals out of the dash and other surfaces, drying them out and eventually cracking. Best thing is use a mild cleaner or damp rag, then use a light protectant (I use Meguiar's) and dust off any particles with a moiicrofiber cloth.

Over time, armor all on MOST vehicles will be harmful to whatever you put it on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.