Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Nhsta

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  S8ER99 
#1 · (Edited)
Your Complaint Information is successfully submitted.
Your Confirmation number (ODI Number) is: 10141469

Those with steering problems serious about getting this fixed please report to this website and file a report. I will be providing them with whatever information they need to research this..including the recent ability to replicate the problem. The Malibu appears to have had serious issues in 2004 (the same year my car was made) and its possible the components were the same ones with problems. We need answers!!!

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

I found these two other complaints (plus mine makes 3) already filed.

#2 ·
Make : PONTIAC Model : G6 Year : 2005
Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
Crash : Yes Fire : No Number of Injuries: 1
ODI ID Number : 10119728 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: May 3, 2005
VIN : 1G2ZG528554...
Component: STEERING
Summary:
STEERING SYSTEM LOCKED. THIS OCCURED ON THE HIGHWAY, GOING AROUND A RIGHT TURN AT 50MPH (UPHILL). IT RESULTED IN A COLLISION WITH THE CONCRETE BARRIER ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. THE ABILITY TO STEER RETURNED AFTER THE DRIVER YANKED THE WHEEL HARD. THE DRIVER FELT A POP AND THE STEERING RETURNED, BUT THERE WAS NO TIME TO REGAIN CONTROL OF THE CAR

#3 ·
Make : PONTIAC Model : G6 Year : 2005
Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
Crash : No Fire : No Number of Injuries: 0
ODI ID Number : 10127111 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: June 29, 2005
VIN : 1G2ZG528554...
Component: STEERING
Summary:
STEERING ON THIS VEHICAL HAS LOCKED UP MULTIPLE TIMES, CAUSING THE VEHICAL TO GO OFF THE ROAD. GM HAS INVESTIGATED THE CAR AFTER THE PREVIOUS INCIDENT AND CLAIMED THERE WAS NO PROBLEM AND WILL NOT CHECK THE CAR AGAIN. MOST RECENT STEERING LOCKUP OCCURED AT 8400 MILES.

#4 ·
S8ER99 said:
I found these two other complaints (plus mine makes 3) already filed.

good job!!! i filed mine too, so that should make 4!!! well, lets see....2+1=1...
YEP, FOUR are now filed!!!

please, EVERYBODY with a steering complaint (or other complaints too, for that matter) go to this website and file it for all, including GM, to see.

there is strength in numbers......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.