production numbers and option/color breakdowns - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

production numbers and option/color breakdowns

does anyone know the production numbers for the 06 3.9 g6 I have looked for hours and cant find anything on the breakdowns for option and colors. any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.com App

Current Mods:
Painted Wheels/Calipers/Center pieces

Upcoming Mods:
Tinted Tail lights
Debadge
Lowering Springs
CAI and Crabs
Vinyl over Chrome trim
Eagle Eye Headlights
Painted recessed Grilles
Embroidered floor mats and seats
STB
WAMS

Bought my G6 for temporary 6 months to a year. Now I fell in love and i would die before getting rid of this car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

There used to be a really neat site that the total production by RPO code for all GM models, but unforunately it closed down about 6 months ago or so and I'm guessing from your search that a replacement hasn't been put together

Sorry I don't remember the site name (not that it would help now anyway) as I had it in my favorites but our computer took a major dump in December and had to be reconfigured, and amongst the casualties were said favorites

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

that sucks... well I have a 3.9 gtp fusion orange metallic and I have done research and cant seem to find any for sale and I have never seen another on the road that makes me think not very many of that particular trim and color were made and I was just running on curiosity to see actually how many. unfortunately I have been unsuccessful... :-/

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.com App

Current Mods:

Upcoming Mods:
Tinted Tail lights
Debadge
Lowering Springs
CAI and Crabs
Vinyl over Chrome trim
Eagle Eye Headlights
Painted recessed Grilles
STB
WAMS

Bought my G6 for temporary 6 months to a year. Now I fell in love and i would die before getting rid of this car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 03:51 PM

Well, about 150K-180K G6's were built in 2006. I imagine the GTPs to be in the 20% or so.

2011 Mustang V6 3.7L
Sterling-Gray Metallic
Mods: BAMA Tuned | Auto Headlights | Fog Lights | Ford Official All-Weather Floor Mats | Hood Spears | Bassani Exhaust | Airaid CAI | Roush Rear Valence | 3.55 Gears | Breyton Wheels
Upgraded Audio: MTX REQ-5 | Alpine PDX-5 | 4x Kenwood 6x8s | Pioneer 12" Shallow Mount Sub
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 08:55 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I wonder if you could check with a dealer and they can look that up for you. Or if not them maybe the DMV. I don't know for sure but there is a way to see how many registered cars of a certain type are on the road. I just don't know if people would give you trouble because it could be "sensitive information"
I'll check with a buddy of mine, I know he kept finding stats on that stuff so I'll see what I can find out. Hopefully I can help!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

that would be fantastic. I would really like to know.

Current Mods:

Upcoming Mods:
Tinted Tail lights
Debadge
Lowering Springs
CAI and Crabs
Vinyl over Chrome trim
Eagle Eye Headlights
Painted recessed Grilles
STB
WAMS

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 12:47 PM

Question Production Numbers

Try this site: 2006 Pontiac G6 Data, Info and Specs | GTCarLot.com. Does anyone have any idea how accurate the percentages at GT Car Lot are?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 02:43 PM

Question Production Numbers at Orion

I have searched everywhere for the details of the production numbers of the G6, but all I have found is more confusion. One source states 157,644 for model year 2006 and another states 193,185. Wikipedia says the calendar year production was 124,844 in 2005 and 157,644 in 2006.

My new toy is a 2006 GTP Coupe with only 78,000 miles on it. It is Granite Metallic with Taupe leather and the polished alloy wheel option. This car was built on 12/5/05 and its VIN is 217609. For the life of me, I cannot find any evidence that GM built anything for the 2006 model year except G6's at its Orion plant. How could this car be #217,609 or #7609, or even #17609. It was constructed near the middle of the 2006 production year. Can anyone explain this?

Author of Daydreams in the Wind: Collectible Open Sports Cars of the Sixties by a numbers junkie, can't you tell?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 02:31 PM

Cool Production Numbers Update

I think I have it all sorted out now. Pontiac apparently began each G6 model year with # 100001. My car is the 117,608th G6 built in the Orion plant for the 2006 model year. The total number of 2006 models produced seems to be 193,185. You can refer to the 2006 Pontiac G6 Data, Info and Specs | GTCarLot.com for the percentages of each model, color, etc.

I apologize for any confusion of these numbers I may have inadvertently caused with a previous post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Auto News and Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in