G5, etc - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

G5, etc

Thom Blackett of Autobytel on the G5: "Pontiac will start selling the 2007 G5 coupe later this fall, with an estimated annual sales volume of 25,000 – 30,000 units. Unlike the G6, which debuted as a coupe and followed up with a sedan and then a hardtop convertible, the U.S. version of the G5 will only be sold as a coupe."

Gee, I thought the the G6 debuted as a sedan. Anyone got an '05 GTP Coupe for sale cheap?

"Unless the 2007 Pontiac G5 GT model’s retuned suspension is better than we’ve experienced in the GT or even GTP versions of the G6, the G5 looks to be another puzzling move by a company that is touting itself as GM’s performance brand."

Even bashers the G6 cite it's excellent suspension, handling, and ride characteristics in every (credible) review I've read. Siwwy Wabbit
Maybe he should drive a car at least before bashing it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 11:01 AM

I saw one on the road the other day. It was a silver GT. The wheels were probably the nicest thing about it. Other than that, throw on a kidney grill, and throw similar G6 sedan tailights on and shrink it, and you've got the G5.

But people wonder why there are those who don't like GM or Pontiac. They can't even get their cars straight. They called it a G6 coupe which debuted, and that was a sedan in 05.

What a shame. One more corner cutting method to squeeze more money out of Pontiac, while its heritage suffers.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 10:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to CharlesP2009 Send a message via Yahoo to CharlesP2009
I took a G5 for a spin the other day. The dealer only had one and it was a silver G5 GT. I'd never buy one because it's too small for my tastes but it's an excellent car for an excellent price. The dealer's list price was $17,770 and I feel it's a good deal for a brand new car. The G5 feels tight and is surprisingly zippy with the 4-cylinder engine. The sound system is good, the car had power windows and locks, a spoiler, alloy wheels, XM satellite radio, and all the other standard Pontiac goodness. If I were buying my first car, or wanted a sporty little second car, I'd seriously consider the G5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

My sister's Cobalt coupe is a nice driver also. I hated the base rental Cobalt I drove, but hers is the (much) higher trim level. I like the looks of the G5 better, though they are pretty much he same car.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 10:15 AM

We've had them up here for over a year now, I like then MUCH more than the Cobalt. to bad they didn't make a Supercharged version.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

It's the G5 Pursuit up there, no? Mechanically is there any difference from the Cobalt?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphred
It's the G5 Pursuit up there, no? Mechanically is there any difference from the Cobalt?

Mechanically the Cobalt is to the G5 like the Sunfire to Cavalier, But the Cobalt offers the 2.0Supercharged in the "SS Supercharged" model

And yes its the "G5 Pursuit"

Last edited by Blackrider; 08-23-2006 at 12:03 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 08:47 AM

I like the G5 much better than the Cobalt as well. I'm a bigger fan of the Ion Redline, though (minus the interior).
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 02:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to CharlesP2009 Send a message via Yahoo to CharlesP2009
The Cobalt is a step in the right direction for Chevy but it's still not as good as it could be. The G5 is much better looking for sure. Hopefully they'll be great sellers for Pontiac so they'll put out supercharged performance versions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Auto News and Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in