Nissan, GM tops in quality survey - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Nissan, GM tops in quality survey

Funny how that contradicts some of Consumer Reports findings of a while back

http://www.autonet.ca/News/story.cfm...6/1041900.html

by Associated Press posted May 16, 2005

DETROIT -- Nissan Motor Co. and General Motors Corp. were the top performers in a new U.S. survey of vehicle quality, with satisfied owners praising power and styling.

BMW was the highest-scoring individual nameplate in the survey by Strategic Vision Inc., a San Diego-based marketing research firm. The tenth annual survey, which was released Monday, questioned around 40,000 owners of 2004 vehicles between October and November. The survey asked owners about their emotional response to vehicles as well as any problems they have experienced.

Six GM vehicles got top ratings in the survey's 20 vehicle categories, the highest number of any automaker.

The Pontiac G6 was the top mid-size car, while the Buick Rainier was the top mid-size sport utility vehicle and the GMC Sierra was the top heavy-duty pickup. The Cadillac Escalade and the Hummer H2 tied with Land Rover's Range Rover in the luxury SUV category, while the Chevrolet Corvette was tops among luxury specialty cars.

The ranking was news for GM, which saw its U.S. vehicle sales fall 7.7 per cent in the first four months of this year. Strategic Vision said GM needs its top-selling vehicles, such as the Chevrolet Silverado pickup and Impala sedan, to get quality marks as high as specialty vehicles like the Corvette and the H2.

Nissan delivered five first-place winners and got the highest overall quality scores. The Nissan Maxima sedan tied with the Ford Five Hundred among large cars, while the Nissan Titan was the top full-size pickup. The Nissan Murano was the top crossover, the Nissan Armada was the top large SUV and the Infiniti FX35 was the top near-luxury SUV.

Strategic Vision said Nissan owners repeatedly said their vehicles gave them feelings of power, individuality, excitement and fun. Nissan's sales had a 27 per cent increase in the first four months of this year.

Strategic Vision also noted that two pickups from Japanese manufacturers -- the Toyota Tacoma and the Nissan Titan -- did best in the compact and full-size pickup categories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 03:13 PM

Very interesting, looks like GM has got the quality thing down now. My car has been absolutely problem free in the 5 months I have owned it. Much better than my old 2001 Grand Am GT. Why aren't Toyota and Honda dominating this list like they have for years?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 05:31 AM

I am dropping my Consumer Report subscription. I disagree with a lot of the stuff that is on there. Couple of years ago they rated a Magnavox TV. Said it was good and we bought one. The next year, couple months later, it wasn't even rated. They sure didn't like the G6 either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 06:29 PM

Very good information there
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 02:21 AM

Wow... Nissan is the top because they are really putting their efforts on their job. They do not only focus on the looks of the car, they also focus on the overall feature of every car. Let's use the Nissan Maxima for example. Here are some specs of the car:

* 0–60 mph: 5.7 sec.
* Skid Pad Lateral acceleration: 0.85 g
* 1/4 Mile: 14.5 sec. @ 98 mph (158 km/h)
* 60–0 mph: 128 feet (39 m)

Plus, it has first time features that was pioneered by this car, like the "No key ignition", and other acura accessories like "USB interface system" that works with the main console monitor and steering wheel controls.

Last edited by scottbullock; 06-12-2011 at 10:09 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 04:51 AM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Woah I think we've got a time space traveller from 2005 coming to the intraweb in 2011 to post "new" info.

Either that or a SPAMmer.

Since there's no sig link to some SPAMmalicious site, I'm guessing the latter who FAILs @ SPAM

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 10:51 AM

Never know what to believe. Every survey yield different results. GM and Nissan don't generally flare well in most surveys. Statistics can be made to draw any conclusion you want anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Auto News and Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in