New Louisiana Law - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Member

New Louisiana Law

For you coon-asses out there;

Quote:
ACT 190 (Effective August 15, 2009), requires that any person operating a motor vehicle on a multi lane roadway in Louisiana must travel in the right lane and shall not drive in the left lane. If the motorist must travel in the left lane, it shall not be at a speed less than that of a vehicle traveling in the right lane. This is with the exception of vehicles preparing for a left turn at an intersection or private road or driveway, when passing another vehicle traveling the same direction, when the right lanes are congested, or when directed otherwise by law enforcement.

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Many years ago I got pulled over and one of the violations mentioned by the officer was "failure to keep right", so I guess this has been on the books in NJ for a while.

FWIW the ticket I got was for speeding (paced at 72, cited for 69 in a 55 ).

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
For you coon-asses out there;
Talk about some B.S. So basically, they want everyone to form a line and drive as a single unit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Member

Unless you're passing, Yes.

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
Unless you're passing, Yes.
Man, I don't understand the intelligent brains behind this one - really. Think about it. This law states, "If the motorist must travel in the left lane, it shall not be at a speed less than that of a vehicle traveling in the right lane." - Well, in what way are we able to measure the distance of our vehicle from the vehicle in the right lane? If there is a vehicle up ahead, and you can tell that they are going slower than yourself, and you decide to "switch" lanes a mile back, does that constitute as a legal action? Are you only able to pass a vehicle if he's within a car's length? Wouldn't that cause liability issues? Whats the point of having multiple lanes if your only supposed to drive in one lane, at the speed limit. Because theoretically speaking, if we all drove the speed limit, there wouldn't be people passing each other, now would there?

OK, so I know the speed limit is the "limit" of the road - which does not mean it's the absolute speed of the road - people can drive slower - but how many people really do? Sure there is a grandma or two out there that does, but honestly, law officials and government drive over the limit more often than the citizens they govern.

Laws like that should be amended to "If you drive slow, stay in the right-most lane." Not: "if you drive fast, first proceed to the right lane when upon entering the road facility, and continue to drive your speed until you need to maneuver around a slower moving object."
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:52 PM

Washington has had that law for a while now. They enforce it mostly in rural areas. when its in the city usualy they understand the congestion and the need to use the left lane.

Thats when people think they can drive 5 below in the fast lane.

AND speaking of driving slow in the fast lane, on my way home from work when i began to exit the highway i saw a toyota corrolla in the fast lane going about 20 below! It wasnt too congested today and a biker dude got pissed off who was riding behind this idiot, went to pass and gave em the finger lol!
I chuckled as the toyota CONTINUED to drive like gma betty in the fast lane.

Current Mods:
07 G6 GT White, 84K, 35% Tint, 8k HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Tails, DRL Delete, DexCool Delete (is that a mod?) Eibach Springs, EBC Brakes, Orange Calipers, De-Badged, Front Tower Strut Bar, Painted Engine/Battery Covers, CRABS Opt# 3, "Tiger CRAB Ram Air", Custom Catback stepped up to 2.5" from 2.25" tubing with purforated rez and free flow muffler.

Coming Soon:
18" rollers, LED red interior lighting, LED tails, Complete Audio System Renovation as I have blown it up, Sedan HH spoiler, Custom Seatcovers, dash cover and floor mats with the G6 Embroidery, Painted body color mirrors, wiper arms, both front grills, side skirts and rear facia all body color painted.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 09:17 AM
CrAzY Moderator

Tennessee has had that same law to. but there just not going to inforce it all that hard yet. they sent a pamplet out to the houses that stated this law was in effect only a matter of time before they just start pulling everyone over.

.~*Crazy J*~.

Appearance: Debadged, Black Overlays, LLumar 35% Windshield The Rest Are 15%, LED RL/BL, Fogs Lows and Highs are 8000K HIDS, G6 Vinyl Door Jam G6 Logo Covers, Custom Engine Bay Painting, Black Recessed Upper Grill, Red Caliper Painting, Tinted Tail Lights, Flexline Interior Lighting W/Remote.

Performance: Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, K&N CAI, Custom Strut Tower Bar.

System: Complete Kicker System (Tweeters, 6x9's, 6 1/2's, 2-12" CVX Subs, 1000 Watt Kicker Sub Amp, 350 Watt Kicker Internal Speakers Amp), JVC KW-AVX830.

Security: 5900 Series Viper Car Alarm, Custom Painted Remote
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 12:40 PM
2006 Black G6 GT

This happens in Michigan all the time. I dont really mind the law, cuz i usually drive in the right and if someone is slow infront of me i just pass them.

They dont really enforce it here tho.

2006 G6 GT
Mods so far: Black arrow overlays, Chrome recessed grilles, Blue LED license plate light, Blue LED reverse lights, Smoked tails, 20% Tint all around, Red led's for the interior, White led dome and map lights.
Sound System: 4 Infinity Kappa component speakers, 2 Amps (950w total) and 2 10" Kenwood KFC subwoofers, 7" touch screen Pioneer DVD

Performance: Mobile 1 oil, Mobile 1 oil filter
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Premium Member

I don't think it's a law specifically in VA, unfortunately. I hate people that are HOV (carpool) and drive 55 in the left lane. Reminds me of the Sammy Hagar, I can't drive 55, song.

Stay right, pass left, how phucking hard is that people?!?!

Keith

2005 G6 GT

K&N drop-in filter, Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30, 50% tint all around, other than that completely stock

SOLD 11/20/2010
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 06:24 PM

here it Canada we don't have those laws we drive where we want,and if we can get away with it, How fast we want.....lucky us....
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 04:16 PM

__________________________________________________ __

AMEN.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevordohn4257 View Post
__________________________________________________ __

AMEN.
Obviously harder than we know because I passed several peeps this moring on the left.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 11:18 AM

It prevents allot of accidents. There is no reason for some one to drive in the fast lane unless they are passing.

Think about it. You have 2 cars one in slow lane one in fast lane and they are both doing 5 under the limit. So....you have 2 lanes of traffic backed up. People getting road rage ...ect.

No reason for it. If you are not passing stay in the slow lane and do the speed limit. And if you are passing get in the fast lane and pass, don't screw around doing 1 mph faster than the car your passing and take 5 miles to do it.

Try doing that crap in Europe... you'll get hit from behind, get killed and it will be your fault.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
Man, I don't understand the intelligent brains behind this one - really. Think about it. This law states, "If the motorist must travel in the left lane, it shall not be at a speed less than that of a vehicle traveling in the right lane." - Well, in what way are we able to measure the distance of our vehicle from the vehicle in the right lane? If there is a vehicle up ahead, and you can tell that they are going slower than yourself, and you decide to "switch" lanes a mile back, does that constitute as a legal action? Are you only able to pass a vehicle if he's within a car's length? Wouldn't that cause liability issues? Whats the point of having multiple lanes if your only supposed to drive in one lane, at the speed limit. Because theoretically speaking, if we all drove the speed limit, there wouldn't be people passing each other, now would there?

OK, so I know the speed limit is the "limit" of the road - which does not mean it's the absolute speed of the road - people can drive slower - but how many people really do? Sure there is a grandma or two out there that does, but honestly, law officials and government drive over the limit more often than the citizens they govern.

Laws like that should be amended to "If you drive slow, stay in the right-most lane." Not: "if you drive fast, first proceed to the right lane when upon entering the road facility, and continue to drive your speed until you need to maneuver around a slower moving object."
Your one of those drivers who drive in the fast lane next to another car in the slow lane ain't ya.....lol
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 12:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to markpetersonii Send a message via MSN to markpetersonii
Law is a good idea in most places. Esp Utah and Colorado. I know they have the laws there because I was pulled over in Colorado driving in the left lane. The only thing that upsets me about this law is when it's 2 Big Rigs and one is going MAYBE 1 MPH faster than the one in front of it and so it goes to pass and you are stuck behind 2 big rigs that are taking their time to pass each other.

2003 Mercedes Benz E500 Sport - 2001 Ford Ranger XLT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Auto News and Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in