Camaro concept unveiled TODAY @10:30AM - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Camaro concept unveiled MONDAY @10:30AM

I just saw a picture of the more refined concept and it's damn sexy.

Click here for live footage @10:30AM

Last edited by TLS2000; 01-08-2006 at 08:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 01:32 PM

I DON'T SEE ANYTHING!
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:20 PM
GJS

its tomorow says monday 10am
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6_COUPE_PR
I DON'T SEE ANYTHING!

OH, GOOD!! i thought it was just me.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:44 PM

OPPSSSSSSSS
Sorry!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 05:43 PM

servers may be busy...keep trying http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...threadid=25113 or http://www.gminsidenews.com has it also if you look an article or so down
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

That was my screw up.. I thought it was today and when I realised that I made a mistake, I tried to change the topic, but VBB wouldn't let me.. oops..
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 04:35 AM

servers may get busy again but here is the advance "video" of the Camaro, not actually the unveiling of the car itself... Now if only Pontiac could get a Firebird. http://mirror.gminsidenews.com/camaro.wmv
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 06:37 AM

Firebird was called DOA a long time ago... the GTO and the Camaro will do great together....the firebird isn't worth the effort. I am still in the air...at angles I hate it... at other angles I like it. I am still leaning GTO at the moment (this coming from a life long Camaro owner/fan). I still miss my 4th gen.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 07:38 AM

The Camaro is the less attractive of the two vehicles, and always has been.

The Firebird/Trans Am would have done so much for Pontiac. Ditch the GTO or restyle it; I don't want a Monero. I want a new Trans Am, and I know GM said the Firebird was dead.

Just goes to show how stupid they are with marketing. They let the F-bodies slip into an early grave by their obvious nonchalant attitude, considering just about every part from 93-02 was interchangable.

If you ask me, Pontiac needs more performers. What they have now, "Driving Excitement" is a joke. They don't want GTO competition? Good. Drop it and put the Bird back where it should've stayed.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

The GTO is going to be restyled and will most likely be a platform mate with the Camaro. GTO is the halo car for Pontiac. They do have some exciting cars right now too, G6 GTP, Grand Prix GXP, GTO, Solstice (GXP coming soon). IMO these are all great excitment division cars that will only be improving in the years to come.

Gotta go, the unveiling is starting now..
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

I think they could have done better with the "show" part of the unveiling.

It's a beautiful car, and the exhaust note that was coming from it when Bob Lutz was revving the engine was intoxicating.

Obviously there are things on the concept that can be improved.

The front end is really nice and screams Camaro, but the rear end is a little too much Corvette and not enough Camaro.

The interior is way too retro for my preference, but I think it can grow on me. The Mustang IMO had a very retro interior, but I really liked it once I got to drive one. I'm sure that the Camaro will have the same effect with me.

The wheels are very nice and seem to flow well with the car.

The exhaust tips are a little weird, they should either be round or square, not round with a flat top.

This car will turn more heads than the Challenger in my opinion.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 03:08 PM

Waaaay beter than the challenger, but the front end needs some work.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 03:35 PM

actually the firebird sold less than the camaro...and if you take away the V6 cars (which has been what enthusiest wanted for a long time) the GTO has sold MORE than firebird v8 models. The GTO recieved negative press but is a car the firebird simply can not touch. Refinement, handling, build quality, etc... Camaro owners that have driven the GTO either LOVE them or have bought them. (we have MANY fbody / GTO owners now) one thing that comes up a lot on the boards is 'if the next camaro was like the GTO....' looks like someone was listening... IRS, same chasis, etc. Its the shot in the arm the camaro needs and hopefully they can leave the V6 options off the checklist. (i know we cant get that lucky...)
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 03:46 PM

TLS2000 - The camaro will be sharing the GTO platform as you said..and I agree with your points above..especially the rear end.

As far as the tips..this is interesting.. a lot of people didn't like the 'pizza cutters' on the 4th gen..but the exhaust note was unique. In fact I know a guy with an old school charger sporting those tips. The car sounds like nothing ive ever heard before. I wonder if the tips were the reason behind that incredible exhaust note.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Auto News and Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in