Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Looking to buy

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  solidhadriel 
#1 ·
I am interested in buying a G6 GXP very soon and i was wondering if you guys (and girls) can give me a brake down of things to look for, such as pricing, issues to look for ect ect.

Also i am going to sell my Trans Am in order to buy it.

#2 ·
just the usual, no MAJOR common issues. other than leaking sunroofs ( just disconnected drainage tube) klunk in steering ( i shaft or something ).

low miles, good price. do it!

oh, and the ones with 2 doors are better ;)

#7 ·
haha thanks fellas! As soon as I can clear the mountain of snow off of my car I plan on taking interior pictures. I've tried to interior detail at least twice a month to keep the leather supple and wrinkle free and the dash from fading or cracking. I'm also working on having at least 10 posts before I can post my car in the for sale :) I think this puts me at 8!

#12 ·
OK, I realize your post was almost two weeks ago, but in case it's not too late... I've done a lot of comparison shopping over the past few years, and before I bought my G6 I looked at probably over 1500 :eek: different vehicles before I knew what I wanted. Once I narrowed it down to the G6, the number of vehicles to look through fell to about 150. One thing I noticed consistently is that CarMax always had the highest prices for any type of vehicle - even higher than many dealers - and usually sold at high Blue Book or even higher. They are a no-haggle operation (I talked my car price down almost $1000 out the door; I love to haggle). You would be best off searching around if you are concerned about getting the best value for the money.

~ MattInSoCal

#11 ·
Autotrader is good but I have found cars on their website that had long been sold leaving me to wonder how often it gets updated. Check cars.com. They are another good site to do a national search. Good luck.

#14 ·
Hey, congratulations!!! That's a sleek and sick car you got there! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.