Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Which exhaust do u think has the best sound + performance

9K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  BigDaddyTrev 
#1 ·
HI, iam a new member.

So i read tons of threads on this forum about exhausts,

but Im still unsure which exhaust i should get for a sexy sound + better performance

I have a 07 g6 sedan.
Looking for something that costs $100(parts)

#4 ·
I am partial to Magnaflow mufflers, so I had a custom system made with Magnaflow mufflers and tips I ordered from Magnaflowplanet.com. As for only spending $100 for an exhaust system, you need to lay off the pipe and get back to reality! Also, I would recommend looking on Youtube for G6 exhausts; you will be able to listen to custom exhausts like mine and jetmech's, the GT-R, Magnaflow's, and GM's. Good luck!

#5 ·
theres only one that is proven to increase performance. GTR

others have put random aftermarket parts together for a " custom "...some are even pleased with the sound...but as for performance..who knows they may have even lost some power.

#7 ·
heres what i did...i took off my stock exhaust...cut of the flange at the end of the quiet flow muffler...bought a pipe coupler stuck one end on that flange and the other into a CherryBomb glasspack, secured it with u-clamps and bought two adjustable hangar brackets and mounted them to the undercarriage... when i first turned it on it sounded glorious...total cost from pepboys $52.00...now im putting pipe back and thats running me 70$ for parts and i got a guy doing it for me install for about 100$...so all in all like 220$? but with no pipe running back it sounds great!!!! and if ur using the tiptronic and downshifting you get a nice rumble that to me sounds as good as the borlas on my buddys Mach1...i get looks all the time from people with camaros, mustangs, challengers and other G6 owners :)...only thing is make sure ur flexpipe isnt torn cuz otherwise youll get an annoying scratchy note coming from underneath you...and if you do the CRAB intake it sounds even better cuz tho the glasspack is loud as hell...youll still get the sound of air screaming into your intake!!!!!

#9 ·
I agree, if you want to save $ just get the muffler itself, not the entire cat back.

The problem with cat back systems is that people don't realize that in order to get the full potential out of it you have to get a larger Y pipe and a high flow cat. Or if you can get away with it without causing problems with the Feds, gut the cat. If sound is all you want, just replace the muffler.

#10 ·
the magnaflow at midas will run you close to 300 @ least...they charge on average almost 90$/hr labor...my buddy had his exhaust from his muffler (he bought and mounted himself) back done straight pipe and it was 70$ for parts like 220$ for labor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.