Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Duplicate Steering Lock up...maybe

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  S8ER99 
#1 ·
Hi ya'll....Ok on my way to work today my steering wheel locked up as I was starting to make a slow right turn from a stop. So when I got to my office and I pulled in the parking lot I attempted to make a right turn to see if the lock up would happen again. And sure enough it did. It happened at around 5-10 mph...on a right turn. So I came in to the office grabbed a co-worker and had them try a right hand turn slowly while applying and letting off the brake. And it did it to him also. I dont recommend trying this on the road but maybe if you can find an empty lot give it a shot. It felt almost like I had maxxed out the right turning of the steering wheel. But once it let loose I was able to turn the wheel almost twice around. Let me know what happens if you try it!

#2 ·
As you applied the brakes, the steering locked due to it not having enough electrical power. Have the dealer reflash the computer to bump up the power to the steering system. Also have them check the electrical system, battery, alternator and belt. If the dealer gives you a hard time, call Pontiac directly.

#3 ·
Explr1 said:
As you applied the brakes, the steering locked due to it not having enough electrical power. Have the dealer reflash the computer to bump up the power to the steering system. Also have them check the electrical system, battery, alternator and belt. If the dealer gives you a hard time, call Pontiac directly.
just wondering...do you know this for a FACT, or merely 'speculating'???

it makes sense, just wondered where you where all this time we've been discussing this issue.

inquiring minds want to know..... :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.