EvilMonkey Project - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

EvilMonkey Project

2008 Merlot G6 GT Coupe 3.5

So....i'm a little excited; I get a lot of work done to my car tomorrow. The first mod I did which I thought was the easiest was I painted the engine cover and the battery cover. I will post pics after I get my car back tomorrow.

Being such an inexperienced 'modder' to my car I am having a hard time trusting myself to do anything to it, lol. Ive only had the car 2 weeks and it is the best car i've ever owned; I would hate to mess it up! So a list of what I am having done at the bodyshop/mechanic tomorrow:

1. Full exterior detail to remove alllll the small scratches and make my precious shine.

2. Debadging the entire back end for a nice (contaminant free) smooth surface.

3. Getting my CRABS installed!! (Due to arrive at the shop tomorrow)

4. Getting a quote on painting my brake calipers. I am going back and forth between safe red and......yes......yellow!! I really don't know what other color would go good with the Merlot metallic. Any suggestions?

That is it. After this is all done, I think the next mod I am going to save up for (I really want) is a GT-R dual exhaust system. Right now I have the factory single. Does anyone know if I were to get the GTP rear valance, if this would work on an 08 coupe 3.5? I've heard different things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Da.v3

Jesus....thats kinda sad....your paying a shop to do all those little things?..painting things...debadging...yish....i guess if you got the money all the more power to you...but i mean...i enjoy putting some time into my car and doing things like that....

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post
Jesus....thats kinda sad....your paying a shop to do all those little things?..painting things...debadging...yish....i guess if you got the money all the more power to you...but i mean...i enjoy putting some time into my car and doing things like that....
Yeah I know, I honestly wish I had the courage to do it. I am kind of lucky that my buddy owns the shop and is willing to give me a good deal.

In all honesty, I tried to debadge it myself and made a complete mess of it :-( I was so heartbroken that I told myself I wasn't going to do something like that again. My buddy looked at it and said it is repairable.

I am probably going to try and install the CRABS myself for the experience. It really doesn't look that hard. Trust me, I would loooooove to do all the work to this thing; I love it so much, but i'm so inexperienced.

Last edited by EvilMonkey; 06-05-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Wink

Just make sure whoever does it sees the Instructions.

Crabs passed the 18 yr old girl install (with no automotive experience) test so
I know you can do it...

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampoon View Post
Just make sure whoever does it sees the Instructions.

Crabs passed the 18 yr old girl install (with no automotive experience) test so
I know you can do it...
^^ haha, ya I will definitely try it myself. I think i'll just have the shop clean up my debadge mess and buff out the car. I want to try and do the calipers myself also.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Da.v3

thats just the thing. its all so basic and easy.

Ive never done anything automotive...its just very straight forward. bleh! on to the pics!

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 10:21 AM

Garage
calipers are real easy man..just did mine yellow this past weekend. bought a kit, took my time and was very happy with it after. spend a few minutes looking at other people's stories and tips on here for future mods. they'll usually tell you any trouble they ran into or what to do step by step so you're confident on the next mod. get yourself a caliper paint kit, a jack, a couple of jack stands and do it up...the only experience you need is how to use a paint brush and what to/not to paint. like i said, just read up on it and get yourself confident!

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 10:35 AM

Its Really easy bro forreal. I literally knew nothing about my car when i came here...i read other peoples stories and helpful tips. PM'ed a few people asking for help if i didnt know something...and always received good advice/helpful tips. Dont waste the money on someone elses 'labor'...u CAN do it! Be confident in urself man...youll appreciate ur ride a-lot more when you can look at the mods knowing u did them. And wat 'debadge' mess are u talking about...if u mean mess like...glue and stuff....bro, take some nail polish remover out there put it ona rag and wipe...shit literally wipes right off. Read how i did mine its SO easy. goodluck.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

I did it! ahhh so proud of myself. It really was easy. Damn she screams now!~ CRABS must be bitin her real hard

Click image for larger version

Name:	crabs.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	2127
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 08:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
Nice!!

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 09:56 AM

lmfao. looks sick man good job!
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCasares View Post
And wat 'debadge' mess are u talking about...if u mean mess like...glue and stuff....bro, take some nail polish remover out there put it ona rag and wipe...shit literally wipes right off. Read how i did mine its SO easy. goodluck.
So.....long story short. I thought I completely messed up the de-badging but after the body shop tried to clean it up themselves, they couldn't. They said that the badges have been off at some point, and someone 'superglued' them back on and it ate through the clearcoat. I thought this sounded really ridiculous so I took it to another bodyshop for a second opinion. They said the same thing. I just couldn't understand it, it's a 2008 with 28000 miles. Well I noticed under the hood where it meets the quarter panel it looked different on both sides (texture). The guy at the body shop looked at it and said that he could tell the quarter panel and trunk had both been replaced at some point. I am assuming they took the badges off the old trunk and superglued them on this new trunk.

I was heartbroken, carfax was clean; you never can trust those damn things. He told me that whoever did it did a really good job and that I shouldn't fret.....

Anyways, the debadge mess wasn't my fault obviously. I'm having them sand and repaint it. That shop quoted me 403.00. My buddy's shop is going to do it for $200.

I would say ignorance is bliss, but I would rather have known....I would also say I woulda just kept the damn things on there if it was going to be like this, but I would rather have that nasty glue off my trunk, badges or not.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 07:43 PM

Wowwww....that blows big time. Well i dont think the nail polish remover would get that off. lol. well, i think u did the right thing i wouldnt chance messin it up.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

After buff and wax....

Click image for larger version

Name:	wax.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	2146

Last edited by EvilMonkey; 06-09-2011 at 07:39 AM.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 01:01 AM

Looks really nice. I hand washed mine yesterday but a bird decided to take a dump right on the center of the hood. Also, what kind of car wash stuff do you use to get that high gloss look? I use the black ice by turtle wax and that works good but I want like a great detail shine. I don't hand wax it cause I have water spots that won't come out unless I have a buffer machine.

Looking good though keep it up this way I get some ideas of what to do.

2008 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe Black

Performance: Hawk HPS Street brake pads

Appearance: HID Conversion Kit for Highs, Lows and Fogs 5000k, 5% 3M Window Tint, G6 Door Sills

Audio: Monsoon 200 Watt System

Future Mods: CRABS 03 with FPU, Racingline Strut Bar, Racingline MMI's, Continental Extreme Contact DWS Tires, Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs, Power Slot Power Alloy Cryo-Treated Rotors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Members' Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in