Appearance taken car of, now onto performance... - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Appearance taken care of, now onto performance...

What you guys think?

-Eagle Eyes
-Rear lights tinted with Niteshades
-Rear Custom Reverse LED lights
-Custom Spoiler professionally painted to match
-Tint professionally installed
-Front Drilled/Slotted Rotors from Brakemotive

Too bad it wasn't sunny and my car was still dirty..... can never keep it clean in AK!

I really wanted to get a RAM hood but the shipping is outrageous. it normally triples the cost of the purchase for me. I hate AK shipping haha. plus about a 90% chance its damaged when it gets here with something that fragile.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1312.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	3262   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1314.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	3263   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1315.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	3264   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1317.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	3265   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1318.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	3266  

'08 G6 GT 3.5
mods: 20% tint all around/ 5% on front strip, smoked tail lights, k&n filter, Black Eagle Eyes

Last edited by Nausforatu; 07-07-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 10:19 AM

Looks sweet. I really like the spoiler!

Performance
CRABS o3, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, WAMS Performance tune, Racingline STB

Exterior
Platinum Apex Rims (18x8), Hankook v2 215/45R18, Painted calipers (Red), Complete debadge , Handle Overlays (Gloss Black), Arrow Overlays (Gloss Black), Grille Lighting (White LED's), Tinted Tails (2 coats VHT Niteshades), Painted Battery Cover (Silver with Red), Painted Engine Cover (Silver with Red), Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights (Black Housing), Upper Recessed Grilles (Chrome)

Audio
2 12" Memphis Subs (15-MCP12S4)
600watt Sony X-plod Amp
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 12:04 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Not bad at all. Any ideas on what you want to do performance wise?
And Might I suggest lowering it? It not only improves the look but it improves handling.
But then again, I can see where that may be a bad idea, Living in Alaska and all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Spoiler was a chore too.....

15 mins according the the instructions..... yea more like 4.5 hours after the 3 extra trips to the hardware store and removing the trunk lid twice..... lol

glad its done right though. makes it look even better!

i just can't stand the stock spoiler, i don't have a problem with lip spoilers but just the one on the g6 stock i think looks absolutely terrible. just that slight elevation style i think is so much more classy and sleek without going with 'the ricer wing'.

'08 G6 GT 3.5
mods: 20% tint all around/ 5% on front strip, smoked tail lights, k&n filter, Black Eagle Eyes

Last edited by Nausforatu; 07-07-2012 at 12:31 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG6 View Post
Not bad at all. Any ideas on what you want to do performance wise?
And Might I suggest lowering it? It not only improves the look but it improves handling.
But then again, I can see where that may be a bad idea, Living in Alaska and all.
yea i would love too but i need to clearance for foul winter weather 6 months a year. im probably heading for the crab intake system next and the WAMS ecu. then exhaust but that is all in the future... if kids weren't so darn expensive I'd most likely be done already

'08 G6 GT 3.5
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 01:35 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

haha yea, might as well keep it at stock ride height. I love my WAMS tune, totally worth it. Do the intake and exhaust first then get your wams tuned for that.

As far as the spoiler goes I personally like the look without a spoiler. I have a roof spoiler and I think it's plenty. But to each their own!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 03:30 PM

Love that spoiler. Mind if I ask where you got it?

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.com App

2009 Techno Gray Metallic G6 GXP Sedan (3.6L Auto6 112K miles)
---
CRAB Intake Opt 3 w/FPU, Lloyds GXP floor mats, HIDs low 6000k 55w/fog 3000k 35w, LED DRLs behind lower grills, V3 Triton LED turn signal/reverse/brake, LED side markers/maps/dome/tag/trunk/high mount stop, 2 coats niteshades on tails, Tint 35% all around, Debadged (except arrows), PAC IPod and BT adapters, PowerStop D/S rotors and ceramic pads, Resonator repl w/24" cherry bomb, Racingline STB, Big 3 Upgrade, Optima Yellowtop D75/25, Blacked out arrows, chrome window trim and black dipped wheels, KYB struts and shocks, CM lowering springs, Cherry Bomb Vortex Crossflow muffler, 2.5" pipe from axle back, two 4" stainless double walled slant tips
...still working...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

ebay of course
looking for a few hours i could see from the very poorly grainy pic's that style on a few different websites but most wanted 150-250 just for the primed piece plus a 100 or more shipping since i live in AK. i found an off seller on ebay that sold and shipped the unit for i think 80$ total. i just had to have it painted, and instead of using the paint option from the seller for an additional 60, i had it done by a good friend of mine professionally for 160. whereas most other shops in my city were quoting me close to 300 just to paint it.

here it is archived away in my ebay file
ebay seller was: pro-hitch2

very fast shipping as far as most my ebay purchases go. the install was a nightmare though as i said a little earlier, if i did it again i would just buy the spoiler painted and use the extra money i saved from the painting to pay someone to do it. it was not worth the headache of the install, if i hadn't have had holes in my trunk halfway through i probably would have just threw the thing away. you have the drill your own, and the template that comes with it is crap. also you have to drill threw that secondary 'skeletonized' layer of metal on the inside of the trunk in order to screw the thing on. and placing the washers inside that while landing the screw in the threads properly was what was difficult. if you do end up getting it, you also need to put some sort of rust coating over the bare metal after you drill the holes. another thing was the weather strip that came with the spoiler was not top notch, so in addition to that, i added a second layer of weather stripping that you still can't see when the spoiler was fully installed. stripped the original screws that came with it once, then the first set of replacements i bought, third set was the charm. just a lot of extra work involved. still if your willing to mess with it, or pay someone too, if you like the look, i know the look in the end was worth it, just a lot more complicated than 'drive 4 holes and secure spoiler'.

best of luck.

'08 G6 GT 3.5

Last edited by Nausforatu; 07-07-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Members' Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in