Roku - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Roku

What's good y'all? This my car, Red Moon Roku but i shortened it to just, Roku. I've owned my car for three years now and still love it. After my deployment in Afghanistan 2009-2010, I made enough money to buy the mods I need for the car. Sorry if the pictures are crappy. I need to invest in a better camera. Or learn to post pictures correctly.

I took the steering wheel emblem off just because I was bored during my lunch break at the Amry hangar.

These are older pics back in the summer of 2010. The car still has its badges and stuff on the outside. Some of the pics I took are near the Ohio River a popular hotspot in my hometown in the summertime.

Here's the Racingline strut tower bar installed on the car. The engine's a bit dirty from alll the pollen swarming around Ft. Bragg.

Here are the photos of Roku as of now.

I'm still debating if I want to put an AIT kit on or leave the body be. Put a spoiler on it or drive with out one. I even though about getting a hold of a G6 coupe GXP, but i think I'll stick with the GT. At least until after I come back from my deployment to Afganistan in the fall. I'll keep you all posted if did anything new to the car.

Roku's Mods: K&N air intake system, Eibach lowering springs, 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Postion Tires, 18in OZ Ultraleggera matte black rims, Disc Italia brake pads and slotted rotors, debadged, 30% window tint, Eagle Eye headlights (black), 10000k HID kit for both the fog and low beam headlights, Sonar tailights (black), Racingline strut tower bar, Sirius Satellite Radio, BMD front end links, BMD steel braided brake lines, Brembo four piston front brake calipers, upper and lower recessed grilles (body color) GM Ground Effects kit (body color), Hammerhead flushmount spolier (body color), Customized Pontiac Concept Dart (Black w/ Carbon Fiber) and FINALLY PAID OFF THE LOAN, BABY!!

Last edited by RedMoon Roku; 07-19-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

I installed the 10000k HID kit from Notto on the fog lights. I was going install them on the headlights, but I had the Sonar headlights on the car and they use H1 bulbs. The HID kit were H11s. I had the HID kit for a while I was just lazy in installing them.

The OZ Ultreleggera wrapped with the Bridgestone RE960AS Potenza Pole Postion tire. Equipped with the Disc Italia slotted brake rotors and pads on all fours.

Roku's Mods: K&N air intake system, Eibach lowering springs, 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Postion Tires, 18in OZ Ultraleggera matte black rims, Disc Italia brake pads and slotted rotors, debadged, 30% window tint, Eagle Eye headlights (black), 10000k HID kit for both the fog and low beam headlights, Sonar tailights (black), Racingline strut tower bar, Sirius Satellite Radio, BMD front end links, BMD steel braided brake lines, Brembo four piston front brake calipers, upper and lower recessed grilles (body color) GM Ground Effects kit (body color), Hammerhead flushmount spolier (body color), Customized Pontiac Concept Dart (Black w/ Carbon Fiber) and FINALLY PAID OFF THE LOAN, BABY!!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 08:02 AM

Looks great! I love those rims.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

The "Upgrades"
Alienationz Eyelids: LEDs in the map, dome, trunk, and license plate: Racingline STB bar: 5% window tint all around and a windshield brow

The To-Do List
6000k HIDS: EE Halos: Tinted Tails: Exhaust: Rims: CAI: New Headunit: Lowering: Color Change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 03:35 PM
G6's resident led guru

Garage
i need those rims asap
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

I got the OZs from tirerack. When it comes to wheels I look for not only looks but weight as well. They were the second lighest rims available for the G6.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

ROKU Update: Eagle Eye Headlights w/HIDs, BMD, and Brembo Brakes

After a long wait I got the Notto HID lights installed on my eagle headlights. It took me longer than expected. Here are some night pics. I'll put day pics up later.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

I got the end links from BMD. I painted them as close to my car's color as possible and are ready to be put on. The paint work on the parts isn't as pretty as Lampoon's or anyone else's. I just hope the paint will last a while.

I got a hold of these beauties. The rear calipers came with them, but I'm not going to use them. I got the pads and rotors for them too made by Disc Italia. I even bought the BMD steel braided brake lines on all fours. No picutres for the lines, but they're installed.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

ROKU Update: Recessed Grilles

Here are some pics of the front brembo calipers installed. Not sure when I'm going to get them painted. I would like to have the calipers painted either red, black, or if I'm feeling adventurous, gold.

And here are the recessed grilles.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

ROKU update: MPD Hood and GM Ground Effects

Okay early this month I got the MPD hood. I ordered it back in October. After a long wait I was surprised to see it in such great, fine quailty, well from the cell phone pics my sister gave me, but still the hood looks beautiful. It just needs to be painted and installed.

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

I deceided to make my MPD hood red. The GM groud effects are on too. I got it worked on by a dealership's body shop that wasn't far away from my house when I was home for the holidays. I got all the work done at the same place. They finished just in time before I had to go back to Ft. Bragg when I was on holiday leave. Here's more

Last edited by RedMoon Roku; 01-25-2013 at 10:50 PM.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

ROKU Update: Spolier and Concept Dart

I'm sure you all noticed the spolier. It was installed the same time as the hood and ground effects.

A front pic before I installed the concept dart.

And some with the dart on!

Last edited by RedMoon Roku; 01-25-2013 at 10:54 PM.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 03:12 AM

The car looks amazing, love it! VHT makes a nice copper/gold color that id paint the calipers if i were as i feel it would go awesome with your car!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 03:52 AM

Roku

Car looks great but I'm biased.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoguide1359197515.457751.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	3758Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoguide1359197532.697500.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	3759

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 02:26 PM

Garage
Re: Roku

Did you have to use any spacers to fit the brembos? If so, what brand and thickmess?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IT ONLY LOOKS FAST!!!

My Progression Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Members' Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in