Amboxler's G6! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Amboxler's G6!

Hey everyone. Just wanted to start a progression thread and see if people have any other ideas/advice!

I have a 2006 G6 V6, 2nd owner, purchased in July of 2012, now approaching 59,000 miles.

Day I brought the car home:

Did 35% tint all around:
Added picture 5 posts down!

Added some red LEDs under the dash for both driver and passenger, the little cubby hole next to the Traction Control button, and on top of the steering wheel. Also have Weathertech floormats in.

View from inside:

View from outside (through 35% tint):

Had Best Buy install a new headunit/Metra kit:

Bought two 12" Kenwood 1200W subs/1000W amp/sealed box.

Picture before installation:

Picture of them in the trunk (ignore the stain on the seat, plan on getting removed =p, and since this picture I've moved them closer to the seat and hid the wires):

Found some Halo Projector HID LED headlights. I haven't installed the HIDs yet though, I think they sent me the wrong bulbs:

Just recently installed an Injen Cold Air Intake. Was fun figuring out how to install it with no car knowledge at all, especially after finding out the front bumper had to come off.

Picture while installing:

Where the filter sits:

Picture of finished installation of intake also added 5 posts down! (:

Last edited by Amboxler; 05-01-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 AM
G6ADDICT

Garage
first off you should turn ur subs around, have them facing the trunk, you get more bass that way and second you didnt need to take off your bumper to install that intake lol just had to take ur passenger headlight out. i had the same kind of intake. also i would be carfull with you filter down there.. first big puddle you hit youll suck up a bunch of water and hydro lock your car, and its almost unfixable. its happend to a few people on this forum. and the reason your hids dont fit is because of the type of headlights you got. the spiders are known for that. you should have read reviews on them before buying. you have to modify the projector housing to get them to fit. if you didnt get them that long ago id honestly send them back and get eagle eyes. basically same headlight with better quality.

but other than that u got urself a clean car. keep up the mods.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbullADDICT View Post
first off you should turn ur subs around, have them facing the trunk, you get more bass that way and second you didnt need to take off your bumper to install that intake lol just had to take ur passenger headlight out. i had the same kind of intake. also i would be carfull with you filter down there.. first big puddle you hit youll suck up a bunch of water and hydro lock your car, and its almost unfixable. its happend to a few people on this forum. and the reason your hids dont fit is because of the type of headlights you got. the spiders are known for that. you should have read reviews on them before buying. you have to modify the projector housing to get them to fit. if you didnt get them that long ago id honestly send them back and get eagle eyes. basically same headlight with better quality.

but other than that u got urself a clean car. keep up the mods.
I was at an audio place near me and one of the guys there told me I should face them towards the trunk like you said, and about 6 inches from the end of the car. I tried it and it sounded 50 times better inside the car, but 50 times worse outside. To me it gave a terrible rattle. I probably should've checked my plate cover or something first, but my ground wire is too short for it to sit there right so I changed it back anyways. Since I got those headlights I have read that about that specific brand, I got them as a package deal off eBay (HIDs and the headlight itself all for $250). My brother said he can make it work, but if not oh well I don't mind. I have seen the Eagles though, they're pretty sweet. I'll have to remember that about the filter too. It has another bracket thing it came with so I can just have the filter sit where the old stock air filter was, I might change it to that to prevent any problems. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 02:02 PM

Very nice looking car my friend!!! Cant wait to see more.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 03:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
nice so far. Dont see too many Gold 6er's around.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! Added pictures!

Window Tint (35% all around):

Intake finished installation:

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Added Streetglow's Gold Series red neons to my car. Not sure if the pictures will work. Will fix later if they don't.

Attachment 4897
Attachment 4905
Click image for larger version

Name:	1370031212690.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	4913
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Members' Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in