Drake's GTP - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Drake's GTP

It was recommended that I start a progression thread. I installed the Injen cold air intake on my 3.9 yesterday afternoon. I was worried about it after reading some of the posts about it fitting or not fitting, but it works great!

I did have to buy a longer vacuum hose and cut off the tip of the stock rigid hose to clamp it on. That cost me an extra 5 bucks for the hose and two clamps at Advance Auto Parts.

Also, I started fearing hydro-lock and only installed it as the short ram setup. I've ordered a 3" blue air bypass valve (filter) off ebay to replace the very short 3" hose between the mass air flow sensor and the filter. Once I have that in, I will install the full cold air setup down behind the bumper cover.

I've not noticed any performance gains since installing the intake, but it does sound a bit better. I miss the air sucking sound I used to hear when I let off the gas on my ex's Grand Am. Sounded almost like a blow-off valve. All I had on that was a K&N cone filter on the end of the stock intake.

The only other mods I've made so far are installing the stereo, amp, and subs that I had in my Golf TDI. The stereo actually looks a lot nicer in this car. The only draw-back is a slight hissing sound when no music is playing. I think it's due to the monsoon amp still being active. Has anyone had this problem? I'm thinking about bypassing the stock amp completely.

I finally heard back from Racing Line yesterday. My strut tower brace is still 2-3 weeks out on backorder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 01:59 PM

We need pics lol.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 02:25 PM

Welcome to the club!

My Progression

Mods: BMD Performance Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Performance Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

A Couple Pics

Thanks, guys! A couple pics:

Cold Air Intake before adding Bypass Valve:

Rainy Morning:

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Well, I debadged just the G6 portion of the lettering on the deck lid. It looks pretty good, but I need to polish it up some before I take any pics. I'm leaving the PONTIAC on the far left and the GTP on the far right. That ought to thoroughly confuse people. I'm also leaving the Pontiac emblems and the GM squares on the car...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
Looks good man, Ive always liked that blue.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, WF! I was attempting to buff out the scuff I created using some turtle wax and my buffer attachment for my drill at lunch time today. The PONTIAC letters started bouncing around like crazy. Turns out I did a little too good of a job with the heat gun yesterday. I was able to pull those letters off with my fingers and easily peel off the sticky backing without any further damage. I used some more Goof Off to remove the sticky residue. Looks like I need to buy some rubbing compound from Advance Auto to rub out the scuff from yesterday and put some more wax on it. I'm going to leave the GTP on the right side (for now) along with the Pontiac emblems.

Also, I'm really liking the sound of the CAI intake now. I got on the highway Saturday and it sounded extra sweet when I put my foot into it a little bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Members' Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in