Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Sexiest G6 in Harrisburg!

10K views 36 replies 10 participants last post by  DomestikDemon 
#1 · (Edited)
These pics taken not long after I bought in 11/12.

Edit, almost forgot- '07 w/ F40 trans....pretty self explanatory as to what I got if you know your G6's.:cool: And that is with the *NORMAL* sunroof, 225/50/18's, and factory dual exhaust. Only a 6 speaker stereo unless you consider the 6x9's as 2 speakers each, which would mean it had 8...until I put the Xplod's in it.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice ride!

#12 ·
I'll post a pic of the temp-beater Neon, and the damage to the G6. It's going to shop to get front end fixed due to hitting a deer. It's ok though, cuz when I get it back(when I can come up with the money to get it back), my ground FX will be painted/installed along with 2009.5 spoiler painted/installed. And the cool thing about the Neon is that iot has a system in it that might even sound better than the Pontiac. Freakin sweet.:)

#18 ·
I dont understand the hate on plasti-dip? if done properly its impossible to tell what it is. Its actually a great alternative to vinyl wrap. If you check my six you'll see that you cant do pretty much anything with it, and if done right it looks good.

I like the look of your six, pretty much the same vehicle as i have but the newer years had the front lip improvement.

Not a big fan of the Grand Am wheels, but to each his own.

I like the tint, which i also live in PA (PGH) and was thinking of upgrading tint but because of laws in pa am looking into getting the factory tint that some of the GT models came with.

#20 ·
Cheap mod, often done distastefully(hate it on wheels) IMO. Now to bite my own tongue, I was actually considering plasti-dipping the bottom side of my front ground effect cuz I already scraped it a little...my fault for misjudging a driveway entrance. People with crap cars are always plasti-dipping wheels cuz they cant afford rims or dont know how to find affordable rims. I spot that a mile away and its always junk like v6 stangs, 90-something hondas and jettas and shit.

Those are not Grand Am wheels lol...they are center caps from my GAGT that I installed into my aftermarket wheels. People either love 'em or hate 'em. They aren't so aggressive looking which is what some people look for, I chose a wheel that I thought gave a theme to my car. Black/white/chrome- to be continued...

And it's not that I have a 'newer year' with lip improvement, rather that is a GM ground effects kit for the 6. Getting pretty hard to find, I hope there are no more deer in my future cuz idk what I'd replace it with.:confused:

#21 ·
Thanks! And yes....sometime in the next few months. On the liist befor springs/kyb is to put battery in trunk. With battery in trunk, i can start messing with engine a little...i have my own custom intake and TB setup planned out which include a new radiatior with inlet/outlet both on passenger side

#23 ·
Oh yea...heres some more interesting pics of what I got going on at this moment
new vs old clutch discs...nice thickness difference isnt there?

In this one, you can tell how much they milled it down...pressure plate mounting surface is also milled down by an equal amount.

take notice of the yellow dot in the next two pics...shows the rotational play of the two section of our flywheels...V8 Archie has informed me that this is perfectly normal

Heres a pretty sight...shiiiiny!!!

#24 · (Edited)
Somebody around here posted a how-to of clutch replacement in his G6. He ended replacing subframe mount bushings due to dropping the whole damn thing out the bottom. That's fine and dandy I guess, but there is plenty of room to pull it out the top...just need to get the the battery holder/fuse box junk out of the way. No need to disconnect steering system, brakes, or drop the struts. I did however disconnect the lower ball joints from the steering knuckles to get axles out easily. More pics in 2 min...

#25 ·
:dogpile: new smiley? haha I'll be using this....

P/S pump attached to lines, no fluid leakage....fuse box removed...drain coolant via the block drain bolt on rear...front has a sensor where drain would be on other 60* motors

3900 exclusive- exhaust ports have a power-enhancing shape to them. Knock sensors on front and rear of engine

Hood does not need removed to do this:eek:

Yea thats the harness still attached...cuz Im a f*ckin BOSS yo!

Oh how did that get there? oh well...

#27 ·
Cover is missing...this is a Kicker name-brand distribution block mounted on a little bracket I made in about 2 min. 2 ga for alt. and batt....4 ga to fuse box and starter

This was a lot easier than most think... And that's my breaker bar is holding the trunk matt up for the pics.

Battery ground is a 2/0 wire I made up from parts I got at work. Battery and amp are grounded to the same spot. The reason for the washers is to maintain long term reliability- copper/copper will smash together and the nut digs in to the terminal when tightened. And for anyone doing this, don't forget to hit the contact areas of the washer with a grinder to ensure bare-metal to bare-metal contact amongst the parts. The shiny silver coating on washers does not help with conductivity. On the bottom of the car, the head of the bolt is tack welded and the nut holding the cables on inside is tight as hell!

I stuffed the rag in there to keep small items in my trunk from finding their way into a spot I can't reach!

Double wire side-post terminal came from a relocation kit I ordered from Summit a while back, intending to install in my grand am. Large fuse a 250A ANL type fuse...small one is only 100A and protects my amplifier.

In this pic, you can see how much of the factory battery tray I cut away, leaving only what is necessary to hold the fuse box. PCM is held in place with a bungee cord. Why? F*ck it, why not? Easy solution... In the previous pic, you can see that it stays exactly where it needs to.

#28 ·
G6 is totaled as of one week ago today. My *significant other:rolleyes:* gave our roommate the keys to the grand am so she could see her BF. I told both women that the grand am was not to be driven due to overheating/coolant leak. I told them "the car will leave you sit", and guess what? I was right. So while I was sleeping during the day due to nightshift job, my *significant other* thought she would go pick up our roommate with my g6, on a suspended license, and with our 4 1/2 y.o. son in the back seat. Aaron was buckled in and did not get injured!!!! Long story short, she went off the road for reasons still unknown, and went through a fence, down a 5 ft drop-off, and into the side of a building. A thick I-beam brought the G6 to a halt, before entering the Steelton, PA steel mills pipe storage shed.

Due to having a suspended license, she is an excluded driver from my insurance policy. So I have to choose between pressing charges on Kim for steeling the car(so insurance will pay for everything), or I'll be out of a car and the 6 grand I still owe on it. It isn't good.... pics when I can....

#30 ·
And the title of the GA was still in previous owners name until the day before she crashed my 6. We met at Penndot and put the car in my name(see a few posts up for GA pic), since Kim doesn't have a license. Looks like I have a 5-speed, tricked-out grand am that now needs a head gasket...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.