Scarred's G6 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Decepticon

Garage
Scarred's G6

As I stated in my introduction thread, I got the car new in '09. I just started modding my G6 a few months ago. I have PLENTY of plans for it, but its going to take a lot of time and of course, money! So far I have tinted windows, tinted tail lights, glasspack exhaust, resonator delete, and plasti dipped hubcaps. I have some Eibach lowering springs, just haven't had the time to put them on yet. Here are a few pics.

Scarred's G6

tinted windows, blacked out tail lights, glasspack exhaust, resonator delete, plasti dipped arrowheads, debadged, painted calipers, Decepticon door emblems, Decepticon steering wheel emblem, and 17" Vision Cross matte black rims

Last edited by Scarred; 09-26-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 06:42 PM

The plasti dip wheels made a huge difference! Very nice looks g6
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Location: Marine Corps Air Station New River, Jacksonville, NC

How does the exhaust sound? I though about doing it as a cheap upgrade but didn't want to invest the time or money if it sounded like crap

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2008 Pontiac G6 Base Sedan 3.5L VVT White Diamond Tricoat
Mods: Window tint 20% all around besides front, 2009.5 spoiler, Eagle Eyes, OPT7 55W 5000K Low beam, OPT7 35W 3000K Fogs, Recessed grills dipped black, Interior trim pieces red to match lights, Wheels primed and painted flat black (powdercoat soon), custom side exit exhaust with magnaflow performance tip, Roof Spoiler, Racingline STB, Chevy Caprice Push Bumper Custom Mounted, Plasti dipped door handles, door trim, and fuel door.
Mods to come: OPT7 55W 5000K High beam, OBX Cat-back with electric cutout, Pedders Lowering Springs, Powdercoat Rims (Gloss Black), 2009.5 spoiler color matched, MPD hood, GM Ground Effects
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Decepticon

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnconaGT View Post
The plasti dip wheels made a huge difference! Very nice looks g6
Thanks! I really like how they turned out. I want to do my roof too, but I much rather have it painted instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardsrok24 View Post
How does the exhaust sound? I though about doing it as a cheap upgrade but didn't want to invest the time or money if it sounded like crap

The exhaust sounds great. Its loud outside of the car and not so much inside, and that's how I like it. The only flaw in the sound is when I cut the A/C on, it sounds like a tractor

Scarred's G6

tinted windows, blacked out tail lights, glasspack exhaust, resonator delete, plasti dipped arrowheads, debadged, painted calipers, Decepticon door emblems, Decepticon steering wheel emblem, and 17" Vision Cross matte black rims
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 09:28 AM

Do you have some pictures of it I could use as reference to make mine? And I don't use my a/c a whole lot cause the weather is nice here.

Mods: Window tint 20% all around besides front, 2009.5 spoiler, Eagle Eyes, OPT7 55W 5000K Low beam, OPT7 35W 3000K Fogs, Recessed grills dipped black, Interior trim pieces red to match lights, Wheels primed and painted flat black (powdercoat soon), custom side exit exhaust with magnaflow performance tip, Roof Spoiler, Racingline STB, Chevy Caprice Push Bumper Custom Mounted, Plasti dipped door handles, door trim, and fuel door.
Mods to come: OPT7 55W 5000K High beam, OBX Cat-back with electric cutout, Pedders Lowering Springs, Powdercoat Rims (Gloss Black), 2009.5 spoiler color matched, MPD hood, GM Ground Effects
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Decepticon

Garage
Quote:
Do you have some pictures of it I could use as reference to make mine? And I don't use my a/c a whole lot cause the weather is nice here.

I'd be more than happy to take some whenever the weather clears up here. It will more than likely be Monday, but whenever I can get around to it, I'll pm you to let you know when I have them posted.

Scarred's G6

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 11:17 AM

Awesome man. It's greatly appreciated

post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Decepticon

Garage
Okay, as promised, here's pics of my exhaust and resonator delete. Its pretty much a simple way to have a good sound from your G6 without spending so much money. Its not a clean/beautiful setup, but it gets the job done. I used the stock piping along with some new pipe just to replace the old that was cut off. I also replaced the resonator with a straight pipe. I do plan on replacing the existing muffler with cherry bomb later on. I just love the sound of a glasspack lol

Stock muffler and resonator cut out

Straight pipe welded in place of the resonator (Front then Back)

New muffler welded in place of the stock muffler along with new piping ran out

Scarred's G6

Last edited by Scarred; 09-26-2013 at 05:40 PM.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 06:14 AM

Was there any certain reason that the pipe in place of the resonator is a little smailler than stock? and it looks great. Besides welding, about how much was cost?
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Decepticon

Garage
Quote:
Was there any certain reason that the pipe in place of the resonator is a little smailler than stock? and it looks great. Besides welding, about how much was cost?
The only reason the piping is a little smaller is because that's what I had. No particular reason. The price was a little over $100 I believe. I'm not sure on the exact number. A buddy of mine did the welding for me. I priced the same amount of work at a local shop and it would be a little less than $200. Either way, its pretty cheap. The price will probably depend on your location too. When I had exhaust done on my truck, it was three times as much or more. Of course, it was true duals too.

Scarred's G6

Last edited by Scarred; 08-23-2013 at 06:30 AM.
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 06:44 AM

Well it looks really good. I want to do mine soon and hopefully i will be able to. Although i dont think i will weld mine to start with just because they dont have welders on military base auto shops around here. And was it just a stadard glasspack or was there a specific one that you wanted?
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Decepticon

Garage
Quote:
Well it looks really good. I want to do mine soon and hopefully i will be able to. Although i dont think i will weld mine to start with just because they dont have welders on military base auto shops around here. And was it just a stadard glasspack or was there a specific one that you wanted?
The one that's on it now is just a standard one. No specific name or anything. It got even louder after a couple of months, but I still want a better tone. That's why I'm switching to Cherry Bomb later on.

Scarred's G6

post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 07:18 AM

Do you think it would just be better to go with a cherry bomb right away instead?
and do you have a 3.5L ot the 4 banger
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Decepticon

Garage
Quote:
Do you think it would just be better to go with a cherry bomb right away instead?
and do you have a 3.5L ot the 4 banger
4Banger... I would go with Cherry Bomb right away if you're wanting a glasspack. If you want to get an idea of what it would sound like, there are videos on YouTube of both the 4Banger and the 3.5L with Cherry Bombs. I'd record mine, but I don't have a camera, just a smart phone. If I recorded it with my phone, it would sound like I recorded it with a potato lol

Scarred's G6

post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 07:58 AM

okay that works for me. I will definitely be investing the time and money into this soon and i will let you know how it turns out. I might even be able to get a camera with a good enough mic to record how it sounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Members' Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in