?Spaceship G6 Illegal? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Question ?Spaceship G6 Illegal?

SPACESHIP G6 FORUM
I spent all day messing around with my light set-up & I finally found the setup I love, but I'm wondering if you much older & wiser drivers could tell me if it's legal. I'll be posting photos tommorow since it's my day off. The set-up I choose is as follows...Xenon Headlights, HID Fog Lights, Blue LED strip behind grille...My question...Is it illegal to have a light in the grille of your car?? I drove it tonight to Wal-Mart and this guy commented that my car looks like a "Spaceship" going down the road. I laughed and then I had a thought I wonder what a cop would say if he saw me driving at night?? Would I be greeted with a $100-$250 ticket? I dunno. That's why I'm asking...But either way it looks really cool and like my grille is chilling on ice. I've noticed some members on here have ground effects kits and have done some LED lighting set-ups, but the BIG Question is how many times have they been fined or pulled over, and in my case hopefully none, cuz ill be next!

*I posted a pic. of what mine look like until I take my own photos*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GrilleLights1.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1862  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Da.v3

i have red behind mine....and yes red and blue would...could get you a ticket

red and blue forward facing lights are for emergency vehicles. mine i never use but if i do its just to mess around in a parking lot or w.e

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 11:01 PM

Garage
It depends on what area you are in.
In Ontario it is illegal to have lights which cast red and blue light (doesnt mention only blue lights, just the combination of both) to front of the vehicle. I am by no means a lawyer, but I would think that you can install the light, but just cannot have it be operational while on a public road...aka for off-road use only.
Check your state/minicipal laws, or even stop by the local police station and ask them, rather be safe than sorry.
Where are you located, and where is the vehicle licenced/insured?

06 GT - black on black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies so far...I live in PA which is one of the more strict states in the USA, and its filled with old people and old rules lol...I think I found my solution...I just read somewhere that as long as they are white I can't get in trouble for impersonating a cop or EMS, which is totally not the case, but that's how a cop would write it up and last time I checked those fines are rediculous and you can do jail time. I'm not driving my car anywhere else until I change the LEDS to white. Dav3 you should post pics of your G6 with the Red lights in the grill I bet that looks real nice!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Da.v3

ah i keep meaning to since i got my headlights and everything going but i cant find my digital camera. might have to just use the cell.

wish i had the ait hood...leds behind that as well. would look even better

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Heres the pictures I promised

Okay, so I went to my local police dept. today and asked them the question if it's legal or not to have any color lights other than white on the front of a vehicle and the answer was NO.(Atleast for PA) He did comment that I could keep these blue ones on and take the chance, which im not since now they know my car lol...but he said most cops won't pull you over for little things like lights cuz they have better things to do. *Cough*(Eat donuts). So I went and picked up some white LEDS that im going to replace the blue ones with and it should give me the save results just diff color. Give me some feedback on which you like better, but either way I gotta stick with the white. Thanks

*These are pictures of how my car sits now with the Blue LEDS*
*I'll post some pics of the white ones when I'm done so we can compare*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1511.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1868   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1510.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1869   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1509.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1870  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
It's true though. Most cops have better things to be catching than some car with blue lights in their grille. They will just write you a ticket for it if you happen to be pulled over for something else like speeding or running a red light.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 12:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
i like the way that blue looks

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

What if he doesnt have better stuff to do?

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 07:20 PM

Should be able to run amber lights in the front with no problems

08 G6 SE----------------75 TA
2008 SE G6
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Varsity Squad

Garage
I was thinking they would be illeagal regardless of the color. I know you can't have lights under your car on while driving down the road. A friend of mine in college from Michigan had a kit and we had it on while driving here in PA and we got pulled over and he got a ticket. PA is pretty strict with that type of thing, most of the time if it isn't OEM it is illeagal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Members' Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in