Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Cracking & Clicking Noise in Dashboard

13K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  S8ER99 
#1 ·
The dasboard makes cracking and ticking noises when I turn my defroster on. My dealership has no report of this problem. I can't be the only one!

#2 ·
My dashboard makes craking noises all the time. I was told by my dealership that it's the 2 different plastics rubbing together. If you push on one of the plastic pieces on the dash you'll hear it. Don't know about the ticking noises.

As for the cracking noises, you'll learn to deal with it. It drives my husband CRAZY b/c he doesn't drive it all the time, I've learned to ignore it. :rolleyes:

#3 ·
Tsb #

After further investigation, there is a technical service bulletin (TSB) for this problem: 04-08-59-003A.

I've scheduled an appointment with my dealership to get the problem fixed. Call your dealership & refer to this TSB #. Their service technicians can look it up & find out how to fix the problem

#5 ·
TSB doesn't do crap for it. :( You can try..but I had that done and I still have it. Ive just learned to turn of the radio a little louder (but not too loud as that causes other ratles and crackling).

#6 ·
S8ER99 said:
TSB doesn't do crap for it. :( You can try..but I had that done and I still have it. Ive just learned to turn of the radio a little louder (but not too loud as that causes other ratles and crackling).
Not surprised!! I'll try and let you know what I come up with. Have to be careful with turning up the radio b/c you'll end up with busted speakers x2, like me!! :( They've been fixed, and to think I don't listen to mine that loud. :rolleyes:

#9 ·
Not only does my dash rattle but 3 out of the 4 doors rattle and something behind the rear seat rattles up something fierce on rough roads.

Ive just learned to live with it and turn the radio up. After all....have you ever drove a 2000+ pontiac that didnt' have a rattle? I think its just part of their design :)

#12 ·
At first mine sounded like the rattling was coming from the dashboard. But after some time, it sounded more like the passenger door. Lately though, it sounds like the driver door too. So I took it in last week and the dealership told me that it was actually the sunroof making all that racket (I have the panoramic roof). So they said that they didn't have the "stuff" (lack of a better way of saying it because it was so noisy in the service department, that I didn't get the name of the "stuff") so I'm bringing it back in Monday so they can take care of it... So we'll see what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.