Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Light thugging

3K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  greenman 
#1 ·
I own a 206 g6 gtp 6-speed manual with 103,000 KM, i replaced my clutch, fly wheel, clutch pressure place and some other clutch part (cant rember whats it called), idecided to get my car ready for the winter and bought brand new tires about a month ago.

a few days ago i noticed that when i accelerate feel a slight jerking, and stuttering. i decided to do a tune up changed my spark plug and wires changed the air filter, checked the fuel pump, and since the the fuel filter is part of the fuel pump assembly and that looked ok i decided not to change it.

my mechanic cannot seem to find the problem. any one has any ideas?

#2 · (Edited)
I've never heard or seen the word thugging so I have no clue what you mean by "light thugging".

Jerking & stuttering: I wonder if it's related to that clutch job.

If its the engine: Clean the MAF & throttle body if you haven't lately-its just basic maintenance. The fuel trim data may be helpful. Possibly a plugged cat. Checked the fuel pressure? Which engine?

you can read more here:
http://www.aa1car.com/library/problem_hesitation.htm

#4 ·
Its been so long since I worked on a clutch I'll leave that to others to speculate.

You checked the FP at idle or under load? Pressure at idle can be deceiving. EFI systems operate well in a narrow pressure range. Fuel volume is also critical.

'06 3.9l pressure range is 50-60psi.

Just throwing out ideas because I don't have much info. Codes would help but all problems don't throw them unfortunately.

#5 ·
Thank you for the your replies, i am still curious to know what component of the clutch that may cause this issue "greenman".

This morning when I turned on my car this morning and let it warm up, my low coolant light came on which always seems to come on when it starts getting cold. after the car got warm I started to accelerate when i got a display message that said Reduced engine power and i notice there car would accelerate slow.

I turned off the car and checked my spark plugs, oil Lever and ensured all the caps are on securely. i started the car back up and the low coolant lights stayed on (i do have coolant in the car), and my engine light came on.

I was happy the engine light came on so i can get a reading but when i finished work i turned my car on and the engine light is gone.

when i acceleratei feel a slight stutter i guess or like a jerk but it does not slow my car down.

#6 · (Edited)
...after the car got warm I started to accelerate when i got a display message that said Reduced engine power and i notice there car would accelerate slow.

I turned off the car and checked my spark plugs, oil Lever and ensured all the caps are on securely. i started the car back up and the low coolant lights stayed on (i do have coolant in the car), and my engine light came on.

I was happy the engine light came on so i can get a reading but when i finished work i turned my car on and the engine light is gone.

when i acceleratei feel a slight stutter i guess or like a jerk but it does not slow my car down.
Now that's the kind of info that was needed.

Your issue is most likely caused by your TAC (throttle actuator control) system. Get the code/s read soon at autozone & report those here. I just need the code/s themselves. Usually replacing the throttle body assy (the TAC is integral) is the fix.

Regarding the low coolant lamp: replacing the surge tank (sensor is integral to the tank) is the usual fix. PM me with an email addy & I'll send that how-to.

#9 ·
HI Greenman,

Thank you for the info, so till i get the part in I decided to clean out my throttle position sensor and my Coolant sensor.

after i cleaned them and put them back, I noticed that my RPM is between 1.5-2, which i found odd, when i am driving and i push down on the clutch to switch gears, i would notices that my RPM will drop all the way to 0, but now it sits at 1.5 - 2, but if i accelerate and stop it sometimes goes to 1, it seems very slow to react what could that be?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.