Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Blower Motor Resistor

22K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  CP3 
#1 ·
Hello all. Figured this would be a good place to start. Forgive me if this has already been covered but I could not find it.

I believe the blower resistor is shot. Does anyone know the location? It would be nice to have a starting point...lol.

Thanx!

#4 ·
Ya, I had already found it when I posted but I didn't think that was it. Looks nothing like the one in a Chevy Astro. The motor eventually give up too. If anyone is interested, you have to cut the blower motor out with a knife and buy a "Service Kit" from GM to reinstall. That ended up costing me as much as a bone yard motor and resistor! Not too hard though once you figure it all out.

CP3

#6 ·
Ya, I had already found it when I posted but I didn't think that was it. Looks nothing like the one in a Chevy Astro. The motor eventually give up too. If anyone is interested, you have to cut the blower motor out with a knife and buy a "Service Kit" from GM to reinstall. That ended up costing me as much as a bone yard motor and resistor! Not too hard though once you figure it all out.

I think my blower went today...I just replaced the resistor yesterday and everything worked on every setting...today I started it and now it blows on no settings....is this the blower motor??? or is there something else that may be causing this problem? Anyone that could help please let me know. Its too damn cold outside to have no blower for my heat!

#9 ·
It was a used motor I put in and it is still going today. I do have a new resistor that will be going in this weekend as that seems to be going again. You could buy just the ring, back then anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.