Need advice on where to go online to buy parts. - Pontiac G6 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By waterfowler76

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

Need advice on where to go online to buy parts.

Hi
I have a 2007 G6 GT (Automatic w/ manual shifter), a little less than 2 months ago as I was at a stoplight and I could not get it to drive forward, it just revved, I got it home using the manual shifter. It just sat in my garage(except for a few times that I had to drive it less then 10 miles using the manual shifter, I knew not to drive it but had no choice) now It wont go into 1st or 2nd using the manual shifter, it only goes in reverse, i know because i had to drive a mile thru my neighborhood in reverse to get it home. I need to figure out where to go online to price transmissions, certified rebuilt or new, and other parts I might need. So when I find a mechanic to fix my baby, I can say I can get the parts cheaper thru this company. Any suggestions on the best parts sites would be appreciated. Hopefully it won't cost more then the car is worth to fix it.
If it is then hopefully I can find someone to buy it as is, other then the problem I mentioned, it runs great. Engine is good and it only has 68,000 miles on it and it is the original engine. Thanks Johanna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 07:42 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
rock auto is a good site to look at. nowadays when I need misc parts I can usually find them on amazon cheaper than my local parts store.
zenish likes this.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddysG6 View Post
Hi
I have a 2007 G6 GT (Automatic w/ manual shifter), a little less than 2 months ago as I was at a stoplight and I could not get it to drive forward, it just revved, I got it home using the manual shifter. It just sat in my garage(except for a few times that I had to drive it less then 10 miles using the manual shifter, I knew not to drive it but had no choice) now It wont go into 1st or 2nd using the manual shifter, it only goes in reverse, i know because i had to drive a mile thru my neighborhood in reverse to get it home. I need to figure out where to go online to price transmissions, certified rebuilt or new, and other parts I might need. So when I find a mechanic to fix my baby, I can say I can get the parts cheaper thru this company. Any suggestions on the best parts sites would be appreciated. Hopefully it won't cost more then the car is worth to fix it.
If it is then hopefully I can find someone to buy it as is, other then the problem I mentioned, Everything else mechanically is great. Engine is good and it only has 68,000 miles on it and it is the original engine. The exterior has a couple small dings/scratches. The water pump & Serpentine belt have been replaced. Also the exhaust system, transmission pan and the X-Frame underneath the car have been replaced(w/ warranty) due to a small boulder that fell off a mountain in front of the car as it was being driven. Thanks Johanna
To WaterFowler76,
Thanks for responding to me so quickly. I will take a look at the places you suggested. Thanks again Johanna

Last edited by waterfowler76; 04-04-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:25 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I was recently told am-autoparts.com has some prices even better than rock auto, though I have yet to try em
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > The Suggestion Box

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in