Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Check engine light no codes

11K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BertDaniels 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2007 g6 and my check engine light goes on but when we try to pull the codes it says there is an error. Has this happened to anyone else? If so what is the fix before I spend alot of money for them to try to find the issue.

#3 ·
Im not sure what my mechanic(family friend) used. He tried with 2 different computers. Went to auto zone as well and there computer didnt work either. Auto zone said go to the dealership and they would look into it. Went back to my mechanic and he looked at the fuses and anything else in the general area he said it will get costly if I go to the dealership. My mechanic is stumped

#4 ·
here's one possibility:
An open in the DLC ground circuit (terminal 5) will allow the scan tool to power on but not communicate with the vehicle.

Dealer diagnostic fee is usually around $100.

I have read threads from others who have had this issue but they have not come back & reported a solution that I can recall.

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2626&stc=1&d=1323463400

The formatting is stripped out so this chart is harder to interpret then it should be (nothing I can do about it):

Data Link Connector (DLC) Pin
Wire Color
Circuit No.
Function

D-GN
Low Speed GMLAN Serial Data

2-3
--
--
Not Used

BK
Ground

BK/WH
Ground

TN/BK
High Speed GMLAN Serial Data Bus (+)

7-13
--
--
Not Used

TN
High Speed GMLAN Serial Data Bus (-)

--
--
Not Used

RD/WH
Battery Positive Voltage

Attachments

#5 ·
Thank you so much Greenman! I'm also having this issue at around 130,000 miles and it's really upsetting after my brake lights & cruise control not working that was recalled but not for my VIN and then replacing my power steering column that was near recall status. At any rate, I hate my g6.

Anyways, this is the closest that I've come to an answer on this thread's issue! Does anyone have any more info on it?

#7 · (Edited)
I have a 2007 g6 and my check engine discount hid kits goes on but when we try to pull the codes it says there is an error. Has this happened to anyone else? If so what is the fix before I spend alot of money for them to try to find the issue.
Yes surely it is a problem for many.. You need to scan it and get the right code. If you don't know the way then ask an expert to do it ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.