Pontiac G6 Forum

Pontiac G6 Forum (https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/201-product-reviews/)
-   -   iKeyless.com Key FOBs do not work! (https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/201-product-reviews/21369-ikeyless-com-key-fobs-do-not-work.html)

supercjr 02-07-2014 09:51 AM

iKeyless.com Key FOBs do not work!

I bought a key FOB from iKeyless.com for my 2008 Pontiac G6. I had a dealership attempt to program it and it failed.

After programming it, the FOB would lock/unlock doors & open the trunk, but the remote start would always start the panic alert/horn.

iKeyless.com sent me a replacement FOB, which didn't work. They also do not stand by their products and will not refund my money. They have numerous claims on the Better Business Bureau site .:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

supercjr 02-07-2014 12:57 PM

**Update**

I did talk to a supervisor at iKeyless.com today and I am getting my money refunded once I return both problematic key FOBs, but it was a hassle to do so and took 4 calls to get it resolved. I'll re-post to this thread if I have any more issues.

USMC0311 02-10-2014 07:28 AM

How much did the dealership charge you to program the fob? Or try to at least?

supercjr 02-11-2014 07:43 PM

Cost

I actually had a pal who works @ a dealership do the programming. He didn't charge me for the two failed attempts. In the end, I bought a FOB through him (he gets a break on parts). The FOB cost $100. With labor, total was $120.

Partsguy 02-12-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercjr (Post 166337)
I actually had a pal who works @ a dealership do the programming. He didn't charge me for the two failed attempts. In the end, I bought a FOB through him (he gets a break on parts). The FOB cost $100. With labor, total was $120.

I also have a 2008 G6 GT. I have the keyless remote, and on the back of it there is a "+". I heard or read somewhere, that if my remote has the "+" that my car is already set up for remote start. Is this correct? Do I just need to order a remote start key fob? I heard only the dealership could program it, but I am guessing other places that install remote start could probably do it too. My previous car had remote start and I need it on this car.

wizardsrok24 02-13-2014 02:39 PM

You got majorly ripped off at $120. I got 2 key fobs for my 08 with remote start, 1 blank key, key cut and programmed, and both fobs programmed for $70 total.

jeffs64 04-22-2015 02:22 PM

Remote start key fobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizardsrok24 (Post 166593)
You got majorly ripped off at $120. I got 2 key fobs for my 08 with remote start, 1 blank key, key cut and programmed, and both fobs programmed for $70 total.

I think he just went to the dealer and paid the dealer price for the fob. And $20.00 to program isn't bad. I got Two brand new Fobs from GM and programed for nothing under extended warranty. So it's just what your willing to pay :)

jeffs64 05-30-2015 09:54 AM

Program your remote

Just an update. You can now program your own remote / key fob without any help. Dorman makes a programmer kit that come with one new Keyfob and a programmer that plugs into the OBD 2 port that communicates with the ECM and the new key fob or your old one. It's about $80 part number is #13731

waterfowler76 05-31-2015 08:10 AM

Good info.