Pontiac G6 Forum banner

2007 convertible open issue / no message

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Convertme 
#1 ·
I know very little about these cars and I didn't actually know they existed until just recently.
I really, really like this hardtop convertible body style since I first saw it.

Today I found one for sale but when I looked at it I could not get the top to go down and it gave no warning message. When I told the top to close it seemed to wiggle a little bit and I think it said movement completed.
Q: If the trunk partition is in the wrong spot will it give a message when you try to open the top?

I have a chance to buy this car tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. but it's almost 8:30 p.m. on the West Coast and I'm running short on time to search the Forum. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
There is a hydraulic pump in the trunk that you will hear from the drivers seat if the top is attempting to do anything. Also there are messages on the radio (Driver Information Center) at the end of the cycle or if there are warnings. "Top Move Complete", "Check Cargo Top", "Top Not Secure" are the type of message I remember. Good luck. The top is complex and parts are rare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.