Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Exhaust and Intake

6K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Lampoon 
#1 ·
First off I would like to say hello everyone. This is my first post on the site and im new to the community. I decided to drop by because I am now a proud owner of a 2009 G6 GT and am looking for some good performance upgrades. Im looking for the number 1 intake preferable ram air because I drive mostly in Florida and NJ and with cold air I am more likely to suck up water. I am also looking for a Exhaust. I was looking at the GT-R but all the posts about it are old and dont know if it is outdated. Any advice helps and thanks in advance

Sincerely,
Waldron.

#2 ·
First, welcome to the boards! I also have a 2009 GT, so - have fun finding parts. Lowering springs, brakes, throttle body, headers.. all go up to the 2008 but not 2009 (i'm not adventurous enough to 'try' them first) so please, keep me updated on what you find.
On the boards here I've been talking with Lampoon, he makes the CRAB intake which truly is your number 1 solution for intakes - little over 350 for the full setup so it is pretty expensive but I've been trying to have him make me one myself - I think he's been busy, have not heard back in a week or so but once i find the details I'll let you know.
The GT-R exhaust appears to be the best option for our cars, not outdated just yet haha. My issue is from what I have heard/seen they have some back pressure issues but I have been told the excessive crackling and popping is nothing to worry about. Needless to say I have not put one on yet, but I also have the 4door - not exactly the hot rod LOL.
As I said, welcome and keep us (pm me!!) updated on what you find.

#10 ·
whats the best option for a throttle body spacer? if there is any

#12 ·
gayyyyy

#13 ·
I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm jacking this one.

My buddy has an R32 which stock sounds bad ass but he show me this video of it with a Magnaflow.

I really want to get a GT-R but can you hear the nasty cracking in high RPMs (which you dont hear in the R32) even after the break-in period? Any one with a 05 G6 sedan has a clip of there setup?

#17 ·
Oh if the G6 had a God, its holy trinity would be : CRABS, GT-R and WAMS....

Personally i am not a religous man, so i say : full length intake, your own blend for exhaust and a true dyno tune. This way you can rest assured by COMPUTERS of the real HP/TQ gains... Not this "seat of the pants" horse hockey!!

Yet i am shunnedby the gods, so what the hell do i know. Lol

#20 ·
I'm on the waiting list for the Gt-R, is it pretty over the top as in at a stop light it sounds b!tch or is it more once you get on it is where it shines?

#24 ·
I was looking for a CRABS intake for my 07 GTP but i don't see anything. I know my engine was only availble in this year and finding anything is tuff, but i can't be the only person that has an 07 GTP. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.