Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Please Help!! I need to have the top down!!

9K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  slls 
#1 ·
2 weeks ago I bought a used 2007 G6 GT hardtop convertible, I love the car and have been using the convertible top without any problems, then today when I tried to put the top down the trunk folded open as usual and the roof popped up about an inch, then nothing, no motor sounds nothing, it just stops. the top will not fold in and I don't even know where to start, I checked some of the fuses in the trunk compartment and they are all good (as far as I can tell) I checked #3 and #9... any ideas??

#2 ·
Not a scientific answer. Mine got as far as trying to lift the roof and the motor would continue to whine for a second or two more and then everything would stop. I could secure the roof again but it would lift no further each time I tried. What worked in the end was pushing and pulling the mechanism under the fold out wings in the trunk where the hydraulic pistons lift the roof. Before I did this I also tried fuses, checked the clickiness of all the micro-switches etc. Certainly the micro-switches are worth checking as if the right signals are not received the roof will stop. Good luck fixing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.