Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone would know the rough 0-60 estimate on an 08 G6 GT sedan (3.5l) with dual magnaflow exhaust, a k&n cai, and a WAMs tune. Any help would be appreciated :D thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
It's really hard to say, you need to figure in the weight of the car and the type of air conditions outside at the time. You could have a dozen 08 G6 GT's with the same modifications and get different times out of each of them, although the difference would probably only be within 1 second, but still...

I'd say, why not find out! But do so in a SAFE manner, IE find a drag strip around and look for a race day you could go into or something. You can also find out using a dyno but that costs money as well.

·
Registered
470 Posts
At the track my 06 GT stock clocked 7.4sec 0-60, or 7.8sec 0-100km/h.

That was with 1/3 tank of fuel, spare tire removed, tires at 50psi and I brought the engine up to ~3500rpm before dropping it into gear with a quick chirp of the tires and traction control off. Everyday launching from a stop I estimate mine to be close to 8 seconds flat.

With your mods I'd say you'd be in the 7.1-7.3sec mark depending on your launch. Street start should net you an easy 7.5 seconds. Your 08 has some extra OEM HP as well over my 2006. Your 08 might even break into the high 6's if you keep weight down and your tires aren't slippery.

A lot of folks don't consider their own weight either - a car with a 150lb driver, versus a 350lb one will make a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts