Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intermittent problem. 2007 G6 base model. 4 cyl. 150,000 miles. Happened 4 or 5 months ago. Car lurched while driving 70mph, tach dropped to 0. Mechanic couldn't make it happen the next day. Happens more and more now. Has started chugging while going uphill like it isn't getting enough gas. Seems to be shifting hard with tach problem. Shifts fine otherwise. No warning lights. Please help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? Mine is doing something similar. Warning lights come on in different variations, all the gauges drop to 0 while driving at any speed, speedometer reads “error”, chugging only while shifting gears.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Intermittent problem. 2007 G6 base model. 4 cyl. 150,000 miles. Happened 4 or 5 months ago. Car lurched while driving 70mph, tach dropped to 0. Mechanic couldn't make it happen the next day. Happens more and more now. Has started chugging while going uphill like it isn't getting enough gas. Seems to be shifting hard with tach problem. Shifts fine otherwise. No warning lights. Please help!
Although my symptoms were not the exactly the same they sound very familiar to me. Check your fuel pumps as a start.

·
08 convertible
230 Posts
At that mileage, I would make sure it's not still on the original plugs and wires. Replace if it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts