Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum :) I have 07 GTP with 3.6 and getting Check Engine code of P2A04 - O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 2 Sensor 2. It stays on for a while then goes off for a while. My assumption here is it's time to replace the bad sensor. When looking for replacements everything is listed as 'right' or 'left'. I know Sensor 2 is downstream after the cat, but how do I determine if bank 2 is right or left? I've been to two different auto parts stores and got two different answers, so now needless to say I'm confused which one to get.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct. Bank 1 is front side (nearest the radiator) and bank 2 is the back side (nearest the firewall). However what I don't know is which is considered left and which is right? The part stores have this listed as either right or left?

·
Registered
2 Posts
O2 sensors

I just replaced the O2s in my Subi SVX. I found them online for $40 ea. and they asked the same thing about right and left. for $40 bucks I got 2. the boxis they came in had the same part #

So when I read this post I ran out and looked at the G6. I can tell you the O2 sensors on the manifold are the same. right or left, front or back. Ask the wingnut at the parts store for the part # then look online. this is a GM product so ill even bet they will be the same for all engine sizes.

as how to replace them. the front one looks easy, just remove the air intake tube. For the back one. get some one with real small hands, or remove the alternator

I have not looked at the post cat O2s. well I hope this helps

PS I found some O2s for GM on amazon for $30

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 Pontiac g6 gt 3.5l v6 engine and i replace all my o2 sensors and the engine light is still on
it keep saying bank 2 sensor 2

·
Registered
610 Posts
You may want to post the actual code(s). If I were still seeing problems with sensor 2 after testing / changing I would be suspecting a bad CAT. To my understanding that is really what the second O2 sensor is there to do is check the CAT function (but I am no expert on this). From what I recall you see a lot of output variation on S1 as the ECU adjusts for rich / lean whereas the output of S2 is much flatter as it is measuring after the CAT works its emissions magic

·
Registered
157 Posts
"I have a 2008 Pontiac g6 gt 3.5l v6 engine and i replace all my o2 sensors and the engine light is still on
it keep saying bank 2 sensor 2 "

Don't mean to insult but, did you erase the trouble codes ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts