Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel I should introduce myself as a newbie due to not being able to figure this one out myself but, hence I digress...

After the car's annual wax job (2 weeks ago), the car has sat idle. Today went out to pick up a prescription but, DEAD battery.

I've owned many classic cars in my years of driving & know a minute amount of what's under the hood. I DID find the battery. I disconnected the + & - cables & proceeded to remove the battery with its handle. No budging it. I've looked all around trying to find out what's holding it in place. I tried the Owner's Manual. 2 paragraphs on battery problems (charging vs. replacing). 2 pages on how to jump the battery. No help there.

Okay... [swallowing crow] How do I remove the original battery (it is 5 yrs. old)? I need detailed explanations and/or pictures (assuming it is all that difficult). Please help... please... please... <blush> :eek: :confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did see this bolt & figured it held the battery tray which supports the battery. <bows head in utter shame> I'll give it a whirl. Thanx, Gents!! :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.