Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So My Ex bought me a used 2005 pontiac G6 GT! I wanted it mostly for the moonroof & price but found out moonroof doesn't even open & cover won't close. But none the less I got it & have NEVER in my life had SOOO many problems just 1 after another after another with this car. First it was the starter then the alternator & then the starter again. But this time I think it has something to do with my security system. So my keyfob I got from the dealership that I bought this car from it worked fine for about a few months but then the lock button stopped working. Then few months after that the unlock button stopped working but trunk & other button still worked. So only way to get into my car if I lock it is with key & alarm will go off & I put key in & start it but lately with what I thought could juxt be my starter going bad again im starting to think it's my security system cuz it won't start & if I lock my car let the alarm set then unlock it (alarm goes off) then try to start it it will start. I know nothing about cars but have been reading alot of stuff on here. I'm 26 years old. Make minimum wage & so pretty broke & so anybody that has any answers that can help so I don't have to end up paying alot of money at a shop & can actually figure out what it is myself thatd be great!

· Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Individual buttons not working on the fob are often a sign that the rubber insert has lost conductivity. You can buy replacement inserts on Amazon. Some have had success gluing tin foil onto the button pads and others have mentioned success with conductive paint. If you buy the button pad you will likely need a craft knife to trim the edges to fit

Something like this (but you may be able to find cheaper options) Amazon.com: AKS Keys New Keyless Remote Key Fob Accessory Rubber Pad 5 Buttons Compatible with GM : Automotive

If the Title is also a problem (error on dash etc), you may be able to fix it by adding dielectric grease to the BCM connectors and working it in. There was a recall for similar issues, and this is what GM used as a fix.

Good luck getting it sorted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.