Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
05 G6..Shifter cable install Help

I was hoping to get a little help with my shifter cable..

The cable came off where it hooks to the shifter arm. I do not know how to re install this...I went to the dealership and they sold me a ten dollar oversized staple..

I took pictures of my problem and the part I was sold..

Does anyone have a pic on this should look correctly installed or can they explain how to do this? I have an idea on where the staple goes but do not know how this well help keep the arm on...I'm missing something or I need to see how this should look when correctly hooked up.

Any help would be much appreciated..

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was hoping to get a little help with my shifter cable..

The cable came off where it hooks to the shifter arm. I do not know how to re install this...I went to the dealership and they sold me a ten dollar oversized staple..

I took pictures of my problem and the part I was sold..

Does anyone have a pic on this should look correctly installed or can they explain how to do this? I have an idea on where the staple goes but do not know how this well help keep the arm on...I'm missing something or I need to see how this should look when correctly hooked up.

Any help would be much appreciated..

Dan

·
Registered
1 Posts
shifter problem

Hi,
The "staple" goes under the ears that hold the cable to the bracket. You have a different problem. Your shifter cable is disconnected from the shifter lever. Looks like something is missing from the end of the cable where it snaps onto the shifter lever. I think you need a whole new shifter cable.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.