Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 Pontiac g6 3.5 in it .... 85,000 miler on it and my issue i am having is when in park idling i can feel the engine bounce a bit while i amm sitting in the drivers seat.. Seems not to idle smooth but never has any indication of dying either... Tim W..

·
Registered
87 Posts
When i first got mine it was idling weird almost like it had some big cams in it lol. It eventually got worse and would rev up and down while idling until it died. Took it in and they said i had a twisted cam.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
05 Pontiac g6 3.5 in it .... 85,000 miler on it and my issue i am having is when in park idling i can feel the engine bounce a bit while i amm sitting in the drivers seat.. Seems not to idle smooth but never has any indication of dying either... Tim W..
Not really enough info to help you much. I'd check for codes for starters. You could have an intermittent misfire goin' on that's not bad enough for the misfire monitor to set a code yet. If you had access to a scan tool that can read live data you could check for any misfires as it keeps a history count for each cylinder. How old are the plugs & wires? If original, I'd replace them now. You can measure the wire resistance end to end if you want...they should all be approx the same. If one is way high, you found the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts