Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me out guys/gals. My gf hit a curb in her 06 g6 gt. Now the airbag light is on and the seatbelt is locked up. Other than taking to the stealer what can I do to fix the problem? I assume the computer thinks it hit hard and deployed the airbags and needs reset. Can I just disconnect the battery for a bit? Or something similar? Dont have a lot of funds and Im pretty handy with cars. Thanks a lot

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Please help me out guys/gals. My gf hit a curb in her 06 g6 gt. Now the airbag light is on and the seatbelt is locked up. Other than taking to the stealer what can I do to fix the problem? I assume the computer thinks it hit hard and deployed the airbags and needs reset. Can I just disconnect the battery for a bit? Or something similar? Dont have a lot of funds and Im pretty handy with cars. Thanks a lot

That would be my first try, disconnect the battery.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Your a Mod??? :beer:

I didnt think this place had any Mods. :eek:

Go get rid of all the freeking spam!! lol

Im tired of hitting the report thread button. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
if seat belt is locked up and wont move at all the seat belt tensioner would be the place to start either way if there is no way to tell she hit a curb then the dealership is the place to go, under federal warrenty its covered until like 80k i think you can call and then will verify that for you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also have done this!!!!

I also hit the curb at 35mph and my front driver side rim/tire are curently Resting In Peace in my trunk :eek:. yep it was that bad. I am currently using the spare provided. The issues I'm having are the same as listed above "Service Airbag" light and driver seatbelt is locked. Did the service airbag light disappear after disconnecting the battery? What was done to fix the locked driver seatbelt?

I will be taking it to dealership sometime with the next 2 wks once more funds are available and get an estimate. I would like some helpful answers so that I at least know what I'm talking about.

Thanks

·
Registered
638 Posts
what is with all these G6ers and hitting curbs?

·
Registered
346 Posts
what is with all these G6ers and hitting curbs?
I think it's common with us because of the fun-factor. We have too much fun in them... :eek:

...Yes, I've hit a curb too. lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts