Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freshly washed, can't wax it yet. Got everything except the panormic roof. I could have done without the leather, but it was the only one they had.

Anyone know if the spolier is a factory option? The salesman told me they put them on at the dealership.

·
Registered
488 Posts
nice car! Now I don't feel special anymore :( haha. oh well. Yea I don't think that spoiler is an option I didn't see it on any of the coupes I looked at, and the salespeople didn't mention it. Not really sure how I feel about it, the coupe looks great without it, but at least you can be different :) Try to get some more information on it.

As for the sunroof, the coupe doesn't offer a panoramic roof, just a regular sunroof due to the shape and size of the roof.

Congrats and good luck with it!

Mike

·
Registered
585 Posts
I too like the spoiler, it just addes a little bit more style. It always felt that there was something missing from the rear. Looks real nice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As for the sunroof, the coupe doesn't offer a panoramic roof, just a regular sunroof due to the shape and size of the roof.
Interesting, I didn't know that! I can definatly see why there wouldn't be room up there. Glad you guys like it. Got 320 miles on it already and it's been a blast to drive. Coming from a 2.4 4 cyl GA it's nice to actually shift up and be able to gain speed at the same throttle. :) Only complaint is backing up is a job due to the window size and how high the back end is, it's mostly guess work. :eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try to get some more information on it
Thanks for all the comments on it guys, I'm really pleased with it. The 3900 and gearing makes it feel really responsive at any RPM. For those who wanted more info on the spoiler: It's listed in the back of the G6 information booklet as a genuine GM accessory along with chrome wheels, heavy duty floormats, and wind defelector. Dealer told me price is $260 for them to order and install it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wow, I didn't realize they offered a spoiler for the 2-door...I think I'll keep one off of mine though, I think the ass is perfect on it like many of the women around campus ;) :D

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
MP2 said:
Thanks for all the comments on it guys, I'm really pleased with it. The 3900 and gearing makes it feel really responsive at any RPM. For those who wanted more info on the spoiler: It's listed in the back of the G6 information booklet as a genuine GM accessory along with chrome wheels, heavy duty floormats, and wind defelector. Dealer told me price is $260 for them to order and install it.
The car looks much better with the spoiler. That spoiler enhances the coupe and gives it some character. Very nice, my friend. :cheers: :bigok:

·
Registered
108 Posts
MHadden said:
Wow, I didn't realize they offered a spoiler for the 2-door...I think I'll keep one off of mine though, I think the ass is perfect on it like many of the women around campus ;) :D
I agree.... but the spoiler looks great too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The spoiler does make the car look sharp, but Im with Mhadden and think I will just keep the back the way it is.

Good luck with the car and congratulations.

·
Registered
423 Posts
MHadden said:
sorry, mr hadden.....i have to disagree with you on this one. while i can't comment about the women on Purdue's campus, i CAN relate to the women in the office at my work; AND like those women, the 'ass' of the G6 coupe needs some 'ass'istance and the addition of that spoiler is awesome!!!!

however, it would take alot more than the addition of a spoiler to help out our office staff......maybe i could get our Body Shop to do a 'rear-end clip'? it could only help!!!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hambone said:
I really like the dual exhaust too! I wish the 4dr GT had that.
....and YEA!! anybody got ideas on Duals for the GT? i want it!!! got to have it!! NOW!!!!!

well, that and the 'cold air intake', 'RamAir hood', etc.......better make a list for Santa!!! i DON'T want another pair of 'FUZZY SLIPPERS' and a 'Mel Torme'" cd again.....i can only take sooooo much, ya know???

·
Registered
25 Posts
MP2 said:
When you say the G6 information booklet which booklet is that. I looked in my owners manual but found nothing about a spoiler. The spoiler is something I would like very much. Did it come painted to the dealer or did he have to paint it for you.

·
Registered
488 Posts
It seems that Razzi developed a new spoiler for the coupe. Anybody see it yet? It's on their website. I think it looks pretty good, but the placement on the trunk reminds me of a sunfire.

Mike

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not to get off the topic entirely, but...

On the 2005 G6-GT, I was debating on whether or not to change to the type of spoiler on the G6-GT Coupe. Then, when speaking to the dealer about it, I was informed that the dealership does indeed install them there AND it costs an additional $300. This needless to say made up my mind immediately - I took the flat spoiler in lieu of the spendier option.

I was also told that this was one reason that the other spoiler was not on the lot to display. REMEMBER, this was on the 2005 model. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Track Times

Does anyone know what the g6 gtp with the v6 240hp runs at the track, and how much the car weighs. I plan on buying one soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts