Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06' 2.4L with an engine light on. Took it into the shop and they found 6 codes:

P0128 - Coolant Thermostat
P0171 - Fuel System too lean - Bank 1
P0106 - MAP or BARO Pressure Circuit Out of Range
P0300 - Engine Misfire (Indicated Cylinder #2)
P0420 - Catalyst efficiency Low - Bank 1
P1174 - Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance - Bank 1

Also, the outlets do not work on the dash.

They topped off the coolant levels and only one code came back:

P0300 - Engine Misfire (Indicated Cylinder #2)

They switched the coil in the cylinder with another cylinder, but the code still came back up indicating cylinder #2

They have recommended I go to the dealer for more tests, but I don't want to dump a bunch of money there. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem may be? Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Could be the injector, sometimes just removing and installing the electrical connector a few times will fix the problem, corrosion on contacts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It ended up being the bad fuel injector and they replaced the Cat, which was under warranty. It ended up being around $250 but made all the difference in the performance.

I actually ran into another check engine light yesterday. It was a code I orginally found and noted on this thread last year. I had a P0106. Here is the printout:

P0106 - MAP/BARO CKT Range/Perf.

It hasn't popped back up yet since they reset it at the parts store, not sure if it will right away either, but don't want to let it get worse. I understand it has something to do with the MAP Sensor and the vacuum pressure with the manifold???

Anyways...wanted to see if anybody had any suggestion, ideas, ways to test, etc.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.