Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been wanting to replace my tail lights to LED for a while, but when I bought the 3057 LEDs and tried installing them, it just wouldn't do anything or even turn on, no matter if I put it into the left or the right light, or even switching sides of the bulb. I've tried it with 2 different sets from 2 different suppliers of LEDs and neither of them seem to work, but the regular non-LEDs still work fine. Does anyone know what I could do to get the LEDs to work?

SeriesSE1 Sedan
Body ClassSedan/Saloon
Doors4

2006 G6, 3.5L I believe it's in the GT variety but not sure.

These are the two that I've tried just incase I might be getting the wrong ones.
1st set that I ended up returning
2nd set I currently have

·
Registered
13 Posts
Most, if not all, LED light bulbs for computerized cars require a resistor due to the tiny amount of power they put out versus a regular filament bulb. Computers think it's a burnt bulb. Buy a few resistors and put them in each light between the socket and the line.

Both of those lights you link to don't have built-in resistors. Here's what you need.

Also keep in mind the ohms and wattage your lights put out. Make sure the resistor matches as best you can. Better more watts/ohms per resistor than less.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts