Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried to install a different system into my 06 Pontiac g6 gt.
I am having a very difficult time getting it to work properly, there was a system in it before but had to replace it due to someone stealing my faceplate. I installed a double din stereo, along with a compasitor 2 amps and subwoofers into my ford f150 and thought this would be no different, I was very wrong. Long story short after I hooked everything up I had no bass so I rewired it and placed my power antenna wire onto the red wire which was supposed to be ignition switch and now I have no stereo at all. I'm new to doing this and i like to try do things myself before i take them to a professional, I do have the money to get it installed but i like to learn/try do things myself before anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Very much guesswork on my part as I do not have much experience in this area, but I would check if the bass cones are moving. If they are I would suspect a polarity mismatch (one driver pushing whilst the other is pulling will dampen the bass). If the cones are not moving then I would suspect a connectivity issue and try a multi-meter to check. If the original stereo was a monsoon system there is a separate power amp that you may need to factor in in terms of bypassing or re-using.

Hope you get if fixed and maybe some others with more experience replacing the G6 stereo will jump in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Monsoon factory system? Most likely if it is a GT Coupe. I contacted Axxess and ask them what I needed specifically for my `08 GT Coupe. They responded very quickly and said I need these two parts - part numbers:

1. Wiring Harness - Axxess XSVI-2103-NAV `04-`08
2. Steering Wheel Controller - AXXESS ASWC-1 (Universal)

You will lose your Driver Information Center (DIC) and this is just for bypassing the amplified Monsoon system.

You will either power your aftermarket speakers from the speaker level outputs of the aftermarket radio or... run RCA cables to aftermarket amp(s).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts