Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the motor I need the one that controls the horizontal function of the drivers side power seat part number 22718107 I'm wondering how I remove the drivers seat and replace the motor please help

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Disconnect the negative battery cable 60 minutes before before doing anything. So that you do not blow an air bag causing bodily injury or death.

Raise the seat as high as it will go. Disconnect wire at the motor. Remove the bolts connecting motor to the frame, remove motor. There is a flexible shaft that just pulls apart. Around the shaft is a plastic piece that fits over the shaft making it more rigid. I have never tried to separate the shaft from the motor. Install new motor in reverse order.

I don't know if the sedan is different but to me the seat removal may not be necessary.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much I'll make sure to disconnect the battery cable and try doing it without taking the seat out to do it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced the motor as u said everything went in fine but my seat still won't move u can hear a clunk from the area that the motor is at and sounds like its working any ideas what it could be @Convertme ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replaced the motor as u said everything went in fine but my seat still won't move u can hear a clunk from the area that the motor is at and sounds like its working any ideas what it could be @Convertme ?
It also will move maybe half a inch when the car is started

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Could be a million things. Maybe your lucky nickel fell into the track/rail and is jamming it up. Look for anything like that. A are both sides running even.
I think your best bet is to take the seat out of the car. What position is your car seat in at this time?? All the way back is not good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its all the way back my girlfriend is using pillows right now to reach the pedals they are moving evenly and nothing seems to be in the track I was looking while seat was back when I put motor in

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its all the way back my girlfriend is using pillows right now to reach the pedals they are moving evenly and nothing seems to be in the track I was looking while seat was back when I put motor in
I was gonna try getting a switch and maybe its that since its only a 30 dollar part

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I am not sure.i doubt it. I don't like throwing good money a after bad. D did you test the new motor before installing it. May have a dead spot?
Before doing anything I am wondering if the gear boxes a are both good. Do y you know what I mean?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do not what do u mean by the gear boxes and how should I test the motor with a multimeter or something?

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I do not what do u mean by the gear boxes and how should I test the motor with a multimeter or something?
the gears in here will allow you to make a90 degree corner. When the new m motor was not mounted. Did it work?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts