Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the odds that someone will make some serious power adders for the GTP other than laughing gas? I am stuck in choosing a car right now. I thought Cobalt SS Supercharged, but so many people have Cobalts and I dont really like the way they look. I just want a GM car to blow the doors off of the tards runnin around with oil leaks on their SRT-4s and little rich kids with Evo 8s. So is anyone discussing S/C, turbo, or other mods for them? I know borla is talking and RSM has the 3500 s/c kit any talks for 3900? Anyone have input here feel free. :D

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
nmarkus666 said:
What are the odds that someone will make some serious power adders for the GTP other than laughing gas? I am stuck in choosing a car right now. I thought Cobalt SS Supercharged, but so many people have Cobalts and I dont really like the way they look. I just want a GM car to blow the doors off of the tards runnin around with oil leaks on their SRT-4s and little rich kids with Evo 8s. So is anyone discussing S/C, turbo, or other mods for them? I know borla is talking and RSM has the 3500 s/c kit any talks for 3900? Anyone have input here feel free. :D
If you want mods, the Cobalt SS is the ticket. There is a Stage 1 and Stage 2 kits for the SC due out around January. As far as the G6 GTP, there are springs from Eibach-H&R due in a few months,ther may be headers from TOG(time frame unknown), a CAI is in the works from RSM and lastly Borla may have an exhaust system.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The Cobalt also has INCREDIBLE handling and a very nice curb weight.

Not to mention you can take the SS over 450hp with what is available right now.

The G6 (grand am family) may have performance owners but just doesn't have the mainstream pull (YET?) to make parts available. Is the 3.9L due to be in anything else soon?

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
You could always get a regular G6 and add the supercharger from RSM, that would be good for around 280hp....which is more than the GTP.

Mike
Remember, the G6 GT has the dreaded 4T45E tranny.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well actually..you can buy all of the parts from GM to build up the ecotech. I believe the highest level over the counter you can obtain is Stage 4 (475 or 480hp)... the aftermarket is pretty good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was at RSM last week and their 3.9SC will be available in the spring. I saw the kit and it looks very simple, its a good looking package.

They have a lowered one, with 18's, 245/40 and a one inch spacer to push the wheels nicely, it looks awesome. I'll take pics next time I'm there :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
get some pics, I wanna see what the wider tires look like. I was thinking about putting wider tires on the rear to give it a better-looking stance from the back.
Will do. But, are you gonna get new wheels too? I I dunno how much wider you can go on a 7 inch wide wheel (stock). :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts